NGD - SE 245 Standard

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
This beauty arrived on a rainy Chicago Sunday, and made my day. The setup on this guitar is great right out of the box, high E still in pitch. The smooth bevels of the top are gorgeous, and the wood still retains the PRS luster finish. It sounds amazing plugged in. No tarnishing on the fingers, and Inspected on 09/03/2020. Thanks "Joe"! Strings seems fresh and fine.

There was some question as to what this guitar was going to be, as it was ordered as a 2018 model and the Serial number checks out as a CTIC (but on the PRS site CTIB is listed for 2019 and 2020).

So, what seems wrong in some of these pictures?

fw6YyQi.jpg

xRbqk8v.jpg

clsZrcQ.jpg

zuCSREp.jpg

5AOylSL.jpg

Those birds go from here to yaya!

Buzz! I'll take pickups for $200..."What is the neck pickup?"

Seems like they ran out of neck pickups, and perhaps rotated a bridge pickup bobbin...or the pickup itself! Is there any diff between 245 S bridge and neck pickups?

I checked my other open coils, seems the test hole is on the same side (bottom E) on the other PRSi.

Anyway, love this beast!

Buzz! I'll take pickups for $200..."What is the neck pickup?"

Seems like they ran out of neck pickups, and perhaps rotated a bridge pickup bobbin...or the pickup itself! Is there any diff between 245 S bridge and neck pickups?

I checked my other open coils, seems the test hole is on the same side (bottom E) on the other PRSi.

Anyway, love this beast!
Nope, that's the correct orientation. Here's a pic of my '97 Santana and '91 Std and SE Bernie Marsden.

hOwjDSJ.jpg

BFBqaXH.jpg

M9altmw.jpg

Congrats on a great looking guitar!

The OP might be on to something here JB!
Every PRS I have, covered pickups too, has the screws against the bridge, and the screws against the neck. The only exception would be the Paul's Guitar, the MEV and the SSH. Those 3 have the slugs next to the neck. Am I missing something in his post????

Every PRS I have, covered pickups too, has the screws against the bridge, and the screws against the neck. The only exception would be the Paul's Guitar, the MEV and the SSH. Those 3 have the slugs next to the neck. Am I missing something in his post????

I re-read his second post. The test holes are oriented differently on the bridge pickup, in comparison to your Bernie.

Ah, yes they are. I didn't look that close. How does this compare to yours?

Always good to have an excuse to share a pic of this beauty!

Mine aren’t zebras, but you can see they’re the same as yours.

I think the OP is maybe right that they’ve put a bridge pickup in.

@ScottR do you want to wade in?

Glad I'm not crazy. Is there a difference between 245 S neck and bridge pickups? If not the flip wouldn't make much diff. The pole pieces are in the "correct" places. Would flipping a bridge pickup for the neck make phase issues?

It sounds great so I'm not changing anything. Maybe this adds the Peter Green out of phase thing or something.

Another thing is none of the advertisements or even the PRS site displays 245 Standard with the adjustable brass saddle wrap bridge. All the pics are the non adjust kind. Very happy to have the adjustable and brass!

I think the OP meant the stoptail bridge that is adjustable type, not fixed-intonation like before. I've seen many SE 245 STD, as well as maple-topped SE 245 being sold these days come equipped with this upgrade, without notification on PRS website.

I think the OP meant the stoptail bridge that is adjustable type, not fixed-intonation like before. I've seen many SE 245 STD, as well as maple-topped SE 245 being sold these days come equipped with this upgrade, without notification on PRS website.

Yes, that is what I meant. It was a good decision to do so by PRS, brass and strings go together well IMHO.

Back