NGD: SCHB II

All the weights I've seen listed have been 5.5-6.5#. Kinda tough to measure thickness with both top & back arched. I'll try to measure tomorrow. Holding it, feels just a little thicker than a solid body SC

Congrats, Charcoal Burst is what i'll be going for when I get my 1st US PRS

Thanks markie! I'm really looking forward to writing some new songs specifically for this guitar.

Darren- CB is easily one of the coolest PRS colors.

thanks for the reply vchizzle
Measuring the body edge it's about 2 1/16" vs about 1 7/8" on my stripped 58. Keep in mind that doesn't take into account the added thickness of top and back carve on either guitar with the SCHB having top and back carves.

thanks vchizzle

So not that thick really. Probably no thicker than my Gibson LP Heritage Lite (thinner than a "real" LP).

Hope to check one out next week if the shop hasnt sold it by then.

Still tossing up between the Hollowbody II and a P22 though.

Spent band practice working on a new song with her today. Sounded really good. Think I'm going to change the 3 low strings to a bit heavier gauge, maybe like a set of 12's on the lower strings but keep the 11, 14 and 20w on the top. Still trying to decide what I want to do for the DI. Considering the Radial DI, Baggs para(I like the idea of shaping the eq in case I don't hear what I want out of the monitor at a gig), also some other type that's got maybe compression and a bit of verb? I don't know - gotta research what's out there.

Hi vchizzle - one more question - What size is the factory fitted string set ?

11 to 48?

Finally got the Radial pro DI box and it works great! Got a bad feeling I'm gonna want a P22 in short order.

Finally got the Radial pro DI box and it works great! Got a bad feeling I'm gonna want a P22 in short order.

I've been using a passive DI for all my piezo-equipped guitars, and needed another. I ended up going with the LR Baggs Para DI, to add a little more EQ flexibility before the board. I've used one in the past with acoustic guitars, but now I'm blown away by the tone with the P22 and a couple other solidbody piezo guitars. It's so rich and full...and super quiet! They are on sale at GC right now, too. :)

Back