NGD SC594

Ok, so in candor, I was hoping for a wider curl and a bit darker green, like my avatar guitar. That guitar has the nicest top I've seen. It's only a 10, but I'd probably have to go PS to get one as nice. Artists seem to come with deep tight curls.

However, I love the back and sides as natural. I prefer the ebony board. I am starting to understand the feel of the vintage carve. It feels super fat where your thumb curls around it, but doesn't get in the way of the fingers coming around to the fingerboard. Not sure if I dig it yet, but it has promise.

The pickups are not anemic as I feared. In fact, they seem as hot as my other guitars. Great tone as well. I wish my P245 were out of the shop so I could compare the 58/15 with the LT. So I like the pickups for sure.

Coil taps work great. Not sure I will use them. I don't on my P245. I use them extensively on my Anderson Mongrel. Not sure what the difference is there.

The plan here was to upgrade the emerald SC 25" with black back to a 594 with natural back and better everything. Will obviously have to A/B them. I will also put up a poll if I can figure it out.

Man, they hit a home run with that one!

Regarding the flame, yeah Artist Package guitars generally have those perfectly tight "BBQ" tops. I love the prominence of the growth rings on this one.

As far as Pattern Vintage, I like to say they added meat in all the right places. For my hand at least. It has that depth, but the shoulders don't get in the way.

Wow! That is beautiful!!! I have been kind of avoiding anything/everything in the 594 family - don't know why, just have - but that guitar has my attention!!! Maybe that'll be the next one.....

I'm not a fan of green guitars, but wow, that's a beauty! Congrats!

Back