NGD SC594

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by elvis, Aug 15, 2018.

1. elvis

elvis Hamfisted String Banger

Ok, so in candor, I was hoping for a wider curl and a bit darker green, like my avatar guitar. That guitar has the nicest top I've seen. It's only a 10, but I'd probably have to go PS to get one as nice. Artists seem to come with deep tight curls.

However, I love the back and sides as natural. I prefer the ebony board. I am starting to understand the feel of the vintage carve. It feels super fat where your thumb curls around it, but doesn't get in the way of the fingers coming around to the fingerboard. Not sure if I dig it yet, but it has promise.

The pickups are not anemic as I feared. In fact, they seem as hot as my other guitars. Great tone as well. I wish my P245 were out of the shop so I could compare the 58/15 with the LT. So I like the pickups for sure.

Coil taps work great. Not sure I will use them. I don't on my P245. I use them extensively on my Anderson Mongrel. Not sure what the difference is there.

The plan here was to upgrade the emerald SC 25" with black back to a 594 with natural back and better everything. Will obviously have to A/B them. I will also put up a poll if I can figure it out.

2. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Elvis that baby is saweet as! Hearty congratulations!! Enjoy.:D

3. deakle

deakle New Member

Super nice flame! Digging the green color!

4. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

<GASP!> Holy Cow! Don't tell me where you live or else I'll be over there every day to play it. :p

5. g.wizz

g.wizz Nabs

Green guitars rarely get my attention, oh but this one struck a chord in the middle of my heart.

Congrats on a stunning score.

6. garrett

garrett knows just enough to be dangerous

Man, they hit a home run with that one!

Regarding the flame, yeah Artist Package guitars generally have those perfectly tight "BBQ" tops. I love the prominence of the growth rings on this one.

As far as Pattern Vintage, I like to say they added meat in all the right places. For my hand at least. It has that depth, but the shoulders don't get in the way.

MrKite and markd21 like this.
  7. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

It’s gorgeous.

8. markd21

markd21 New Member

Wow! That is beautiful!!! I have been kind of avoiding anything/everything in the 594 family - don't know why, just have - but that guitar has my attention!!! Maybe that'll be the next one.....

9. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

Damn dude, that thing is beautiful!

markd21 likes this.
  10. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

I'm not a fan of green guitars, but wow, that's a beauty! Congrats!