NGD: SC594 Antique White

Something off about those pickup rings though.

You should do white back plates...

Does anyone else think gold hardware would add to the look?

So, to be fair, I think it's perfectly eye-catching enough as it is. HOWEVER... I would be tempted to find some all-gold hardware (and I'm a guy who just took the all-gold hardware off of a guitar last year!); also, keep those black back plates BUT replace the pickup rings with black, too. Call me crazy; or just call me somebody who's always thought the white LP Custom's color scheme was cool as hell:
gbhb234c-xl-02.jpg

So, to be fair, I think it's perfectly eye-catching enough as it is. HOWEVER... I would be tempted to find some all-gold hardware (and I'm a guy who just took the all-gold hardware off of a guitar last year!); also, keep those black back plates BUT replace the pickup rings with black, too. Call me crazy; or just call me somebody who's always thought the white LP Custom's color scheme was cool as hell:
gbhb234c-xl-02.jpg

I definitely always wanted one of those LP Customs, but the finish on those doesn't seem to hold up very well.
We'll see how the PRS lacquer finish fares.
The LP Customs are also basically impossible to find below 9lbs, short of going Custom Shop with chambering and/or the light body option at which point that guitar would be twice the price the SC594 cost me. They had a 'lite' USA production version a few years ago which was very cool though: looked like a LP Custom, much more affordable, and much lighter (thinner body and possibly chambered too).

As far as gold HW, I hear you but it's not gonna happen:
- I like the pickups on that SC and don't want to remove/unsolder the pickups to swap covers and pole pieces.
- Gold wears off pretty quickly as can be seen on that pic above. Although one could argue the nickel plated PRS parts PRS are hardly durable.
- The cost of PRS hardware parts is IMO laughably high; gold ones in particular. Just replacing the 2 piece tail bridge in gold would be close to 10% of the price of the guitar...

Black covers could definitely worth though, I might do it if I end up keeping it in the long run.

Last edited:
As much as I love the beautiful and brightly colored stained woods on most PRS guitars, that is REALLY cool. Love the white!

Congrats OP. I almost bought that exact guitar from Palen Music. Thanks for picking it up so I didn’t have to. Lol.

Love it. I have a white HB2 just like that but with gold. It does wear off like you said. I actually have wanted to go nickel like yours. So Don’t listen to any haters on nickel. Ha ha. Great score!!

Congrats OP. I almost bought that exact guitar from Palen Music. Thanks for picking it up so I didn’t have to. Lol.

Anytime ! You had plenty of time to get it though as it took me a good two weeks to finally pull the trigger.

Here's something a bit different from the crazy figured PRS I got these past few months.

I stayed away from 594s due to the sometimes very chunky neck, and especially the single cut version which often ends up at over 8.5-9lbs.
This one though was less than 7.5lbs and luckily the neck on this one feels really good to me: chunky but not overly so, and with great hand support.

As a bonus I don't have to make/stain wood backplates/tuners/TRCs for once.

MdQ2H52.jpg

I love the iridescence of the birds on this one:
E0cJL1h.jpg

b5RUGZy.jpg

0LKx6uP.jpg

O0n5ETG.jpg

wGid5xd.jpg

HbioHQJ.jpg

p52Mmgp.jpg

qt1ppox.jpg

Drool worthy!

Congrats Docteur! I think the only solid colors I would consider for a PRS would be this white or a gold top. I think the backplates are fine, but maybe a ebony TRC with pearl trim line 1mm in from edges! Thanks for sharing!!!

Congrats Docteur! I think the only solid colors I would consider for a PRS would be this white or a gold top. I think the backplates are fine, but maybe a ebony TRC with pearl trim line 1mm in from edges! Thanks for sharing!!!

There’s some hotties on sea foam green and black. Just saying.

Not sea foam green and black together, just to be clear!;)

Back