NGD (SC245--oh yeah!)

winemaker

My third PRS, but first singlecut of any kind. Got an awesome deal from Musician's Friend on a "used" 2015 SC245 in black/gold burst. Not really used, but was missing the PRS box--the cardboard box, mind you. I got the PRS case with it, it was just missing the stinking box, and they gave me about a $1000 discount. [ETA: also paid for part of this with a gift certificate I had previously purchased for 15% off, so my out the door price was less than $2K. No shipping, no tax. Thanks, MF!] Part of the reason for the reduced price I guess is it doesn't have the most stunning top in the world, and the lower left portion is really not that symmetric with the right side, but I don't care--I love it. Well, I must also add that it came with the 57/08 pickups instead of the new 58/15s. My build date was March, 2015 but it still got the older pickups. Weird, but I don't mind. They sound great!

I know you really just want to see pics. As with most PRSi, it looks so much better in person, but here they are anyway:

003%202_zpsouhzmcnu.jpg

037_zps41c9neou.jpg

042_zpsf51okzgi.jpg

Last edited:

Whitecat

Goes home to Starla
Supremely excellent guitar in one of the best ever colours. And now I feel stupid for trashing my old PRS boxes... Had no idea I could get $1k for them! :D

markintime

Wood Grain Devotee
Wow, that could almost make me go for a SingleCut on the finish alone. And I wouldn't mind the (very) slight defect in symmetry. It's all about sound anyway! Congrats and enjoy.

G-Man

Very good score and that top is killer. I really like the vertical grain mixed in with the flame.

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Killer BG wrap on a supremely attractive axe - and sounds like a good deal to boot! Congrats!

garrett

Nice!

The top on my HBII has a similar bit of drop off in the flame. I like it because it looks different depending on the light and angle. 10 tops are beautiful and all, but I find the regular tops more interesting.

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
Part of the reason for the reduced price I guess is it doesn't have the most stunning top in the world, and the lower left portion is really not that symmetric with the right side, but I don't care--I love it
You shouldn't care either, it's stunning!!

dogrocketp

I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!
Beautiful! To me, the beauty of wood is the way it changes in pattern. I`d buy it in half a heartbeat! Hope it sounds as good as it looks.