NGD: S2 Vela Satin Birds

n24re

Enjoying the ride...
This is my first NGD post and hopefully a few more will come along. At the moment I am over the moon with how nice this guitar is and how much of a difference the satin makes to the playability. As a new player the satin makes the neck so easy to move around on.

I bought it from James @seattleguitarstore and it was a super easy and rewarding experience. I would not hesitate to buy any instrument from him again.

Here are the pics!
24265048791_c3eb25871c_o.jpg

24347524675_f175b46012_o.jpg

24239317852_ae97b987d1_o.jpg

24347527725_30c2b711e4_o.jpg
24239319582_fda72a915a_o.jpg

Cheers'
Steve

I got your message. Thanks again.

Satin is the key! The S2 Standards beg for it. I am so glad I was able to buy this run of Vela, Mira and Starla's.

Surprisingly there is stil the one cherry with dots left. Incase you want a second....

That looks pretty good. I want a Vela. I regret now, buying my S2 Standard 22. It's a good guitar, but overall kinda blah, just no real identity to it. Pickups are somewhat hot, and boomy, and its stability for staying in tune is so-so. Looks nice though, and feels good. Just doesn't excite me. Will sell it for a Vela I think, love the pickup combo it has, and the bridge, really cool design. Something unique for PRS, and the S2 line.

Happy NGD! You will find the Vela to be an excellent gigging guitar! The neck pickup is outstanding, and the bridge p/up covers a lot of ground..enjoy!

Thanks guys. I have really been enjoying it and I have to say PRS should offer this finish on the Vela...but happy to have a rare one...for now.

Congrats - You purchased the guitar that I wanted. How do you like the neck pick up?

The neck pickup is like a strat took some steroids trying to grow into a P90. I love the sound and the starla bridge really gives me two guitars with the flip of the switch. PRS built a tele killer in the Vela!

Steve

Back