NGD S2 Singlecut Blue Crab Smokeburst

bhendric1

Upgraded from an SE Singlecut to this beauty. Love it!
PRS1.jpg
PRS4.jpg
PRS2.jpg
PRS3.jpg
PRS7.jpg
PRS6.jpg

Awesome guitar. Congrats.

What do you reckon are the main differences you feel to the SE? I'm asking because I'm buying my first PRS and facing this dilemma.

Awesome guitar. Congrats.

What do you reckon are the main differences you feel to the SE? I'm asking because I'm buying my first PRS and facing this dilemma.
You definitely can't go wrong with the SE. I still have an SE Zach Myers and it's amazing. That being said, there's just something about the S2 that feels a little more solid in your hands. I don't think the pickup difference is huge. Maybe better players would notice, but to me they are both good. The S2 has coil tapping which is a nice upgrade, and also has the locking tuners which the SE does not. They both have the Korean electronics. I have to say I enjoy the neck on the S2 a little better than the SE, although they both play effortlessly. I'm a big fan of the SE's, but if you have a little extra to spend, I don't think you would be disappointed by choosing an S2.

I have to say I enjoy the neck on the S2 a little better than the SE, although they both play effortlessly.

The SE SC had/has a Wide Fat neck, right? And the S2 SC comes with a Pattern Regular neck, which is a touch narrower in width, but same "thickness". I need to try a Pattern Regular neck sooner or later...

Oh yeah, nice guitar! I love how the subdued flame figuring comes across like rippled sand under a couple feet of water. That color is probably my fave of the S2 line.

The SE SC had/has a Wide Fat neck, right? And the S2 SC comes with a Pattern Regular neck, which is a touch narrower in width, but same "thickness". I need to try a Pattern Regular neck sooner or later...

Oh yeah, nice guitar! I love how the subdued flame figuring comes across like rippled sand under a couple feet of water. That color is probably my fave of the S2 line.

Thanks! It is a beautiful finish and the pics don't really do it justice. You are correct on the necks. I really like the wide fat on the SE, but after spending a few hours with the S2, I think I'm starting to prefer that just a bit more. I can't really put my finger on it (no pun intended!), but something about it just feels a little better for my particular style and preference.

Back