Well, my Cinderella story is over and PS is back on the menu. Seller has refunded me. I suspected this would happen. Since I'm not getting the guitar and it was clearly an error in the listing, I feel okay sharing the laughable price of $169.99! Hence, why I didn't have an ounce of optimism. I'm actually glad the seller caught it as it just wouldn't feel right.
That happened to me with Musician's Friend a year or two ago. Their Amazon listings all dropped to around that price for multiple brands of guitars. I bought I think 3 guitars that day, but all three orders were cancelled.

Very sweet guitar!

Incidentally the nut ends on older Core PRSes were often in need of rounding off. So consider it an old-school PRS attribute!

I just like to add that the slots, which I consider way more important, were immaculate. I took the guitar out of the box and the flipping thing was in tune!!! This guitar traveled from Indiana to California. That always amazes me about PRSi. Also, the rounding of the edges was absolutely the easiest thing I've done on a guitar. If anyone has the dexterity to play even the easiest cowboy chord, they should also be able to dull the edges of the nut on a guitar. Another thing to mention is the frets. Oh the frets. I've always known that you forgo a bit of sustain with semi-hollow guitars. However, this guitar has amazing sustain. I conjecture it is because the fret job on this guitar is so perfect and the they designed the bridge so well that I don't feel I'm missing out on sustain. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but these things never cease to amaze me.

Congrats on the SH SC! You’re on quite the roll!

No Pernie neck blanks left in the vault for that PS build though :(

Congrats on the SH SC! You’re on quite the roll!

No Pernie neck blanks left in the vault for that PS build though :(

Thank you. These are some very addictive guitars.

Too bad about the pernambuco neck blanks. I was hoping to get an all American Brazilian guitar, while not fully understanding the consequences those woods would have on the tone. We’ll see what they have available when I’ve saved enough for my PS. I don’t even know if they still have Brauna Preta for fingerboards or if they have Redwood, without the burl knots, big enough for a body.

Thank you. These are some very addictive guitars.

Too bad about the pernambuco neck blanks. I was hoping to get an all American Brazilian guitar, while not fully understanding the consequences those woods would have on the tone. We’ll see what they have available when I’ve saved enough for my PS. I don’t even know if they still have Brauna Preta for fingerboards or if they have Redwood, without the burl knots, big enough for a body.
Wow, that would be an interesting build for sure!

That would have to be a big piece of Redwood. If you stayed with a thinner body spec, or even one with a ‘sandwich’ where they put a cap on the back (I’ve seen sapele and maple) might have better odds. Alternatively, make the Redwood the cap on the back and the top. That wouldn’t quite be the tone recipe though.

Wow, that would be an interesting build for sure!

That would have to be a big piece of Redwood. If you stayed with a thinner body spec, or even one with a ‘sandwich’ where they put a cap on the back (I’ve seen sapele and maple) might have better odds. Alternatively, make the Redwood the cap on the back and the top. That wouldn’t quite be the tone recipe though.

I could go with ash for the body. The cool thing about Redwood, though, is that it’s extremely light. Another reason I thought of redwood is that I’m enamored by those trees. I have a Tele made of reclaimed redwood and it’s amazing. However I have no idea, even if the vault had a big enough chunk of redwood, how it would sound with a maple cap and humbuckers.

I could go with ash for the body. The cool thing about Redwood, though, is that it’s extremely light. Another reason I thought of redwood is that I’m enamored by those trees. I have a Tele made of reclaimed redwood and it’s amazing. However I have no idea, even if the vault had a big enough chunk of redwood, how it would sound with a maple cap and humbuckers.
Bright I would guess.

If weight is an issue, you can request a lighter weight piece. My avatar had a weight limit of 8lbs max on a P245T, hard to do and they nailed it.

Back