NGD: S2 DC 594 in Scarlet Red!

Very nice looking guitar in the scarlet finish. Is the pattern regular neck more like a Gibson slimtaper?

Very nice looking guitar in the scarlet finish. Is the pattern regular neck more like a Gibson slimtaper?

Thanks!

The S2 594 has a Pattern Vintage Neck, from the 594. I don't have or play anything with the Pattern Regular Neck, as I don't care for it...

Congratulations.

Scarlet red fam unite:
87957575_10221256330460732_1956792717874823168_o.jpg

Well, another 594 NGD. As the club President, I do from the Club By-Laws have an obligation to buy and review all new models for the Club Members.

pBfhPzb.jpg

OXDgXgT.jpg

ENanGvk.jpg

ikXMUoA.jpg

qVAMRKo.jpg

Very impressive guitar for the price!!

Initial thoughts:
  • Tuners, bridge, frets are reportedly the same
  • Inlays are a plastic material, you don't really notice unless you are looking for that
  • From the back, you can't really tell it is not a Core guitar, except the covers are a little different
  • Neck Carve feels identical
  • Pretty sure this is a Nitro finish, feels great
  • The pickups sound pretty good! Sound good split as well
  • The color is cool!
  • Feels rock solid
  • Thank goodness it doesn't come with a case, I am running out of places to put cases... ;)

Amazing that this guitar is less than half of the price of a Core one. PRS is going to sell GAZILLIONS of these!

(I dropped it off with my tech for a setup with my favorite strings, so I won't see it again until next week.)

I got it for where I learn stuff with the computer, when I do that I always at risk banging the body and headstock into the desk edge, and I don't want to ding one of the Core guitars.

I would have gone for the Thinline, but I wanted the Pattern Vintage Neck Carve.

Well done, PRS!!
When did prs start shipping these ?

Sweetwater is saying April for getting them in a large quantities.

A few seem to be trickling out now. I got mine from Ryan Fowler's Guitar Experience. They also have a Whale Blue DC now and Faded Blue Smokeburst SC.
Pete, I bought the blue one from Ryan’s , I am sending back this thinline to Sweetwater, the neck is so thin that a open D chord goes out of tune , is the pattern vintage neck real big like the 59 Gibson or is it more manageable?? I don’t have the biggest hands ... thanks ahead for any information Jerry.

Pete, I bought the blue one from Ryan’s , I am sending back this thinline to Sweetwater, the neck is so thin that a open D chord goes out of tune , is the pattern vintage neck real big like the 59 Gibson or is it more manageable?? I don’t have the biggest hands ... thanks ahead for any information Jerry.

Well, it is all relative. The Gibson 59 spec is not huge in my opinion. It is about the same as the PRS Wide Fat. Some of the 57 and 58 Reissue spec have been bigger over the years.

The Pattern Vintage is about the same depth as the Wide Fat. But the asymmetric shape of the Pattern Vintage is genius! It feels more "cozy" than a 59 carve or Wide Fat.

It is definitely will be bigger than a PRS Wide Thin (much deeper, in a good way) and a PRS Pattern Regular (wider at the nut, about the same depth, bigger in circumference).

I love the Pattern Vintage Carve, it is my favorite neck carve ever. That said, I have a hard time getting my Thumb over the top on it for the Hendrix approach to bar chords. I haven't found the perfect neck for that yet. ;) I find the string spacing on the Pattern Regular (or DGT neck carve) to be too narrow for my tastes, although the Thumb over the top thing is much easier on those.

YMMV...

Yea I think I was thing of the 57;58 Gibson net or as they call them the ( baseball bat) Pete I had 2015 prs with the pattern neck profile, is it more like that ? Also big thanks for the heads up on that guitar from Ryan’s like I said I bought the whale blue dc s2 594

Back