NGD: S2 Custom

Big Mard

Little Gassy Here
FedEx guy brought me a package today. My wife suggested the color. I wasn't sure since I couldn't find one to see what the color really looks like. Some pictures looked blue, some looked green. All I know is that the little woman did good pointing in the direction of this color. In the right hands I think she would sound great. I plugged her in and it sounded pretty good even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

IMAG0693_zps06cd9214.jpg

IMAG0694_zpsf6896959.jpg

IMAG0695_zpsb1d537ef.jpg

Very good looking axe...it's nice to see one out in the sunlight, you can actually appreciate the carve and the body shape.

And count me in the "don't know what the hell I'm doing" club as well - congrats on the new S2!

FedEx guy brought me a package today. My wife suggested the color. I wasn't sure since I couldn't find one to see what the color really looks like. Some pictures looked blue, some looked green. All I know is that the little woman did good pointing in the direction of this color. In the right hands I think she would sound great. I plugged her in and it sounded pretty good even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Wait - are you saying you're not the right guy for your wife??? :vroam:

Nice guitar!

Nice. That subtle flame is more my style vs the ultra-bling tops we see so often. It works very well with the color and the beveled top.

Enjoy figuring out what the heck you're doing on it. ;)

Thanks guys. .

Wait - are you saying you're not the right guy for your wife??? She could do a lot better than me..

The color is Blue Crab Smokeburst.

Enjoy figuring out what the heck you're doing on it. Thanks I will try.

Nice, i've never seen the blue crab smokeburst in person, it sure looks cool though :top: If I had more dough, I'd get myself a plain black one, love the no-binding look a lot. :laugh:

Nice score! Sweet looking axe. I've played the S2 line and liked them quite a bit.

Hey, one question here. Is the tone knob somewhat looser-feeling than the volume knob? I just wanted to confirm this because all the S2s at my nearest dealer have some literally "frictionless" tone knobs, while the volume knobs are smooth and nice.

Hey, one question here. Is the tone knob somewhat looser-feeling than the volume knob? I just wanted to confirm this because all the S2s at my nearest dealer have some literally "frictionless" tone knobs, while the volume knobs are smooth and nice.
One is just a pot while the other is a push pull pot, so it's likely they're different, possibly entirely different brands.

you know I really hadn't noticed that. I do have to say that yes the tone knob is more free turning. So it may be that way across the line.

The SE Custom 24s have been that way since thew 2012 redux with the 3-way blade and push/pull - the push/pull tone is noticeably easier to turn than the volume. I have had four of them pass through my hands, and they were all that way.

I am guessing the S2s and SEs might use the same pots then? It would make sense...

Back