NGD - S2 Custom 24 in Whale Blue - pickup recommendations?

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Snagged this off Reverb, just arrived today. It's a 2016, is a little more beat than I expected from the listing, but not enough to complain about. Plays great, only needs minor setup tweaking. I'm going to play around with pickup heights after I change strings, but my initial impression is that at least eh bridge pickup has got to GO. Nasal and harsh. Thinking perhaps Duncan Alnico II Pros....am open to ideas.

On to the pics:

S21.jpg

S22.jpg

S23.jpg

I thought about a real HFS, but also looking for something a touch less hot.

I removed the covers, they were kinda just badly shoved on there. It made a noticeable difference, along with adjusting the height. I'll still probably change them, but they're at least tolerable now :).

Yeah, it looked like the covers were just kinda laying over the PUs in your picture.
Either way, something with exposed coils (black, of course) , and black rings...would look totally bad-a$$ on that thang!!!!!!
Congrats, and Enjoy the Journey!!!

I did Duncan Alnico II Pros in my Standard 24 along with updating all the wiring to USA, It sounds great on all styles.

Beautiful!

What do you play? Take a look at the DiMarzios too. Duncans are great too. There's a lot of choices out there to choose from.

Back