NGD: S2 594 Whale Blue

“Blue, blue
Pale blinds drawn all day
Nothing to do, nothing to say
Blue, blue“

Man, I miss Bowie. Maybe I should name this guitar The Duke.

Actually... I believe I started calling the Laurel Burl CU24 "Lassie" because when I put a pic of her up you said: "Aye, she's a bonnie lass!"

So, everyone, meet The Duke.

Very nice blue! I just got one in Scarlett red, and I really dig it. The only mod I needed to do was replace the toggle out for a Switchcraft. The pickups sound great!

Very nice blue! I just got one in Scarlett red, and I really dig it. The only mod I needed to do was replace the toggle out for a Switchcraft. The pickups sound great!

I'm happy with the switch itself right now, but I might change the tip to white to match the binding and tuners. Haven't made up my mind.

I do love the warmth of those pickups. PRS also does the best coil splits ever, without the huge volume drop most pickups have when split.

Curious why you wanted to do this, if you feel like sharing.

I bought a Vela last year (NOS ‘16 with birds) and the stock switch was wonky and kept cutting out. PTC replaced it, but the replacement also ended up having issues, so I replaced that one with a Switch Craft. Much better, so I did the same thing with my Vela Semi and S2 594. They are simply better switches, and I don’t have confidence in the stock ones. YMMV.

Back