NGD: S2 594 Whale Blue

TheDoktor

Muscular and compact, like corned beef.
An early birthday present to myself- my first made in Maryland PRS.

This was supposed to be in Thursday, but things being what they are, I can't complain.

20200627-211618.jpg

It sounds great, as expected, warm and versatile. The fretwork is impeccable. What really jumps out to me though is how great the bridge is. I've never played a PRS 2-piece before but it's remarkably comfortable under the hand. The finish is beautiful... I love the way the whale blue shows indigo over the mahogany back and neck.

It's very different than my SE Laurel Burl Custom 24, and yet definitely feels like family.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats, and that burl looks sweet too.

Still waiting for my S2 594, pre-ordered in January.
Thanks! A lot of colors seem to be backordered, I was bouncing back and forth between this and Faded Blue Smokeburst, but that one was out of stock everywhere.

I still love the burl, I got lucky enough to find a really vivid veneer.

Congrats.

S2s may well be the best buy in the guitar market.
I absolutely agree, even though it's early yet. I haven't even had a chance to hook it up to my main amp yet, just a little practice amp (for the sake of the sanity of my family the Marshall lives in an out-building) But indeed, the quality on this is stunning for sub $2k- they totally sold me when they put the same hardware on it as the core McCarty.

Back