NGD S2 594 SC

chicagoslim

I made a trip to my favorite guitar shop, to look at a Custom 22, 10 top, with hybrid hardware. I'm really a Custom 22 and Strat, guy. The wood on the 10 top was nice, but the color was Navy Blue. So, you couldn't really see wood pattern, because it was so dark. The Gold and Silver/Brass and Nickle, was a little too Bling for me. I figured the way I play and sweat, it would look funky in no time. It made me appreciate my plainer Custom 22.

So, I came home with a S2, 594 McCarty Single cut, in a Burnt Amber color. I'm lovin' my S2's.

I always went with plain PRS core models. Now, most of them have shifted to the S2 line. Which is fine with me. I'm down to one core, Custom 22, in a Black/Gold burst. The Burnt Amber is about as close as I can get, at half the price of a core model. So, it's just kind of close.

Last edited:
Both guitars are awesome, something about the 594 is the winner. Nice pick. Gorgeous day in the CHI for a new S2 to come home!

Tasty Mr. Slim! Congrats on the new axe!!! Been lookin' hard myself at the S2 line, and will probably pick some up once I snag a semi-hollow vella in satin (which itself is probably end of year at earliest)!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back