NGD S2 594 love

Broseph

PRS Fren
rWlQiRu.jpeg
I really like the asymmetric carve on the S2 series. It feels more comfortable to me than the CE, SE, or core lines with no digging in my arm when playing! I had an itch to get a 594 again and opted for a discounted S2 version over the core due to the carve (and sure i like saving $1600 over a used core). I will gut the electronics/pickups myself to go core level. Aside the birds the rest looks the same to me!
Nice sapphire metallic finish. I like in low lighting it looks nearly black and in bright light it’s a deep Pearl sapphire. Kinda matches my SS SE. I like the opaque finish. No worries about fading!! I’m undecided if I’ll change it over to black pickup rings. But damn does it play right. Feels amazing. PRS killed it with the 594 series. The Vela and 594 series have really impressed me the most with PRS offerings. Both incredible unique guitar lines and killer values in the S2 series.
MI8fz3a.jpeg

That's a nice guitar.
Enjoy it.

So, I'm not the only one that finds the S2 bevels
to be more comfortable than the core violin carve.

(All of my PRS guitars are S2 models for this reason.)
Heck yeah. S2 carve is the best from a practical standpoint. Maybe not 100% aesthetic for those that need symmetry. But i find it the most comfortable. If i ever hit the lotto I’d ask for an S2 carve on the private stock :p

I have 6 S2s....I know I coulda bought 2 or 3 cores but I've been buying them since '13 when they came out...great value on a quality lightweight guitar...my thinline and vela are under 6lbs...

Back