NGD Ruined by Winged Tuners, Head of SWARP Unavailable for Comment.

sergiodeblanc

Downers Grove IL.- After an "epic" day at the pool, Sergio de Blanc returns to find the final piece missing from his latest project guitar in the mail. Excited at the prospect of finally finishing it, he became distraught upon stringing it up that one of the winged tuners suffered from the dreaded "string slippage" he had heard so much about but had never experienced first hand.

"I felt as though I was punched in the fruit-basket" he was quoted as saying; "I had already had to modify a thumbscrew to make these work, now I fear I'm gonna have to the same to the tuner itself... It seems as though the gear inside is wonky, or something."

While the man has faced ridicule in the past for his favor of winged tuners, and even once publicly heckled by a ranking employee at the PRS Guitar company as being part of the "Flat Earth Society" he remains hopeful: "It's not the end of the world...Yet!" he muttered while making a stiff fruity alcoholic beverage known as the "Down-n-out-in Beverly Hills" (equal parts Moet champagne and Hawaiian Fruit Punch)

"The thing is, these were some goofy-assed square backed tuners obviously made by some fly-by-night American manufacturer. They are not indicative of the quality I have come to expect from the German-made Schaller sourced ones. There is no doubt in my mind that must have been the reason why PRS stopped using them."

When lightly and romantically probed by this reporter as to whether or not this marked the end of his appreciation of winged tuners he replied; "Of course not! I have others.. Just not another square backed one, and this is seriously f@cking up my aesthetic."

When reached for comment, the SWARP Foundations phone line seemed to have been cut, or at least out of service. All attempts at phoning resulted in a busy signal, kinda like when you try calling your own phone number from your own phone.

That story cracked me up!

I think the PTC can rebuild the faulty tuner if you're interested. (I still think your crazy for using them)

I specifically played with winged tuners tonight, just for you, Serg. And a raised glass.:cheers:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;97433 said:
Sergio, my man, I seriously love your posts. :congrats:

I love your face!

Hey man...don't feel bad....it happens...
I'm still in the winged camp as well...because they look cool and because it couldn't get any easier to change a string...

Right?!:rock:

I think the PTC can rebuild the faulty tuner if you're interested. (I still think your crazy for using them)

That's awesome to know! I will see if I can make it through the holiday weekend without breaking out the blowtorch. Oh.. And you'll see how crazy awesome wings are at the "Winged Tuner Broken String Challenge" I'm gonna be holding in the PRS parking lot.... next to the dumpsters after work. :box:

I specifically played with winged tuners tonight, just for you, Serg. And a raised glass.:cheers:

That's what I'm talkin' about! :cheers:

C'mon. Is that the only reason? :laugh:

I am so making you shave your chest for foosball now.

I gotta admit the winged tuners just look right on Sergios guitars:congrats:

POST 100 yea !!!!!!

Last edited:
:violin::violin:

This doesn't bode well for our dreams of winged Phase IIIs does it..?

Back