NGD. Roses are red…..er I mean brown

Very nice! Congrats on a great score!! Was that from the recent Danville Music WL set?

I don’t know. I bought from a guy in Ohio, and there was nothing in the case pocket to indicate the dealer. Would be interesting to know. Did they use that combination of woods on that run?

Gorgeous. Did the black rings come stock?

As far as I know. There were no other rings in the case pocket. However, the only blemish on the entire guitar was the neck ring had a tiny crack in one of the screw holes (so maybe detective Broseph is on to something! ;-)

How do you like the Rosewood/Korina combo vs. the original recipe?

Good question. I’ve haven’t had much chance to play it yet, but my initial reaction is it seemed a bit more “chimey“ (bright) than I’m used to. Not in a bad way; a bit more articulate than I’m used to. I absolutely love RW necks, and like their tones. Maybe the korina? I’ll have to play it some more.

Last edited:
I don’t know. I bought from a guy in Ohio, and there was nothing in the case pocket to indicate the dealer. Would be interesting to know. Did they use that combination of woods on that run?
Here is the orange one I was talking about https://danvillemusic.com/products/...od-neck-orange-natural-back-satin-guitar-8436 . So not a match on some of the elements. Mahogany body on this one, and neck is EIR (yours looks more like BRW, but I could be wrong on that)! Also, cocobolo fret board on this Danville run. They do have Korina bodies on some of their recent McCarty 594 WL's, but not in the singlecut ones! Anyway, great run they did at Danville (of both the SC's and the DC's IMO)! Congrats again on your score!!

Good question. I’ve haven’t had much chance to play it yet, but my initial reaction is it seemed a bit more “chimey“ (bright) than I’m used to. Not in a bad way; a bit more articulate than I’m used to. I absolutely love RW necks, and like their tones. Maybe the korina? I’ll have to play it some more.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I, for one, appreciate the sacrifices you make.

Back