NGD - PS8059

Bumpy Dog

New guitar day, 9 month wait for the most fantastic delivery - I am so pleased with this, it turned out so much better than I imagined - Guys at Maryland - you have made me so happy :)

Custom 24 with piezo, McCarty thickness body, One piece quilt maple top, African ribbon mahogany body and neck, Ziricote fingerboard, headstock, pu rings, ebony tuner buttons, Aqua Violet glow, 57/08's Pattern regular neck.

It's my 30th wedding anniversary and my long suffering wife is called Shell, so I thought the heel inlay would be appropriate

Better pictures to follow when I can stop staring at it with a vacant expression and a small string of drool rolling down my chin :)

zPK7txq.jpg

OrTucyH.jpg

Y3m6s3U.jpg

ThD0bwB.jpg

yBEVs07.jpg

Sweet mother of all things magnificient... that guitar is gorgeous!
Congrats. The 9 month wait was definitely worth it.

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!!

And I think you hit on a great idea for the rest of us. "Honey, I just bought this new PRS and I was thinking of you the whole time. Look, I even had your name-initials-birthdate-wedding anniversary-Zodiac sign on it 'cause you mean so much to me".

Brilliant I tell 'ya! Thanks.

Jim

I could go swimming for days in that top! Good on you for the Mrs connection. Great build!

I've been thinking of ordering a Private Stock and your build may well be the closest I've seen to what I would choose as well. Very well done.

I've never owned a 24 fret guitar so that should probably be my next purchase to see if I like the pickups closer or further apart before the final decision is made :)

Again, super nice guitar. Congratulations.

Absolutely stunning and incomparable! The one piece angel step quilt with the aqua violet glow truly looks like you are out at sea. Unbelievable! Congratulations to you both! When is my wedding anniversary...:)

WOW! Stunning! Really like that top and color choice. Also dig the piezo, can really add some percussive character when done at the same time as the mag pickups.

Nice touch on bringing a symbol of your wife on it as well!

Enjoy that beautiful guitar in good health!

Back