NGD...PS "Do-Over"

Looks awesome.
How is that 5-way wired before and after?

Before and after mod..the five way blade functions as normally with the P/P tone knob pushed in...after when the tone knob is pulled up both PU's are split giving the remaining 3 single coil options (Neck SC, Both SC, Bridge SC). I have had this mod, "the Skitchy Mod", performed on several of my guitars, it gives you all 8 possible HB/SC combinations you can get from a double hum bucker guitar...just like the 408.

What great ideas, and great execution!! Additionally, that UltraViolet color is stunning!! I had decided on Sage for my next PS. Now have to throw UV into the mix. I also really want to try the 53/10s. Does anyone know if those are available for a new PS build. I had thought not.

Congratulations, and enjoy it!!!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I'm not sure if the 53/10's are available anymore...which is one of the reasons I jumped on this one. I had a P24 stoptail with 53/10's which I traded for a P24 Trem with 85/15's (also purple...Violet Smokeburst)...which I wouldn't call a mistake, I love the P24 trem (super versatile), but missed the SC sounds of the 53/10. I find the SC 53/10, alone or combined with the other in HB mode, to yield some of the nicest clean to mildly overdriven rhythm guitar tones. This new Cu24 McThick PS and my JA-15 (also with 53/10's) are my go-to guitars for any kind of intricate clean rhythm guitar work.

Back