NGD: PS 594

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by strat63, Aug 21, 2020.

1. strat63

strat63 The Torture Never Stops

The difference in price made it a pretty easy decision. I don't buy anything I won't play regularly and the black back on the Dragon would show scratches right away. That might be a guitar that you want to keep near mint. I will say the inlay is just crazy. A work of art to be sure.

On to the point of this thread. I had the chance to turn it up and play the guitar at a pretty loud volume for about an hour to start the day. It was fun. The pickups are slightly microphonic which is a good thing. I'd have to check but I assume they're not wax potted. So easy to get musical feedback at semi reasonable volumes.

bodia and dmatthews like this.
  2. vchizzle

vchizzle Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

That headstock might be my favorite part! Congrats!

strat63, Tahlee and dmatthews like this.
  3. pdq

pdq New Member

About 4 months ago I bought a new 2020 Custom 24 Black Gold Artist series. So impressed by it that yesterday I bought a new 2020 SC 594 artist series in Violet Amber. My thinking was that the 594 would be my "bridge" guitar while I have a Private Stock 594 made which could take a year. And, in the meantime sell my '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus as it would be replaced by the 594. I've now only spent about 2 sessions of 20 minutes each with the 594, but the sound profile is very different than the Les Paul, and seems more similar to the Custom 24, that my current thinking is to keep the Les Paul and when the Private Stock (eventually) arrives, sell both my Custom 24 and 594. I'd never played a 594, but in all the research, I thought that the sound profile was going to emulate a vintage Les Paul, when in fact it's very different, at least to my ear. Both PRSs are fabulous guitars -- a joy to play.

Alnus Rubra, strat63 and dogrocketp like this.
  4. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Congratulations and “Aw Yeah”!!

dmatthews likes this.
  5. strat63

strat63 The Torture Never Stops

I thought I'd add a few more pics that show off the flame in a different way. It might sound odd but I actually love the look from the playing position. No picture but the flame maple neck binding is very cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alnus Rubra, Dead&Co, WA Paul and 4 others like this.
  6. John F

John F New Member

594 are magic, I love mine and I expect you will love yours. Congratulations and enjoy it!

dmatthews likes this.
  7. jonnychrisman

jonnychrisman New Member

I love the what the flame’s doing right underneath the neck pickup

8. NorthernNick

NorthernNick New Member

Looks very pretty- gives off certain LP vibes...but better ;)

strat63 likes this.