NGD: PS #4344 SC245 Trem

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
Finally arrived today. UPS held on to it for an extra day so it was even more agonizing than normal.

PS #4344 that I specced last Feb with Eric from Willcutt's. It turned out awesome. Tone report and outside pics to follow.

Last edited:
Very nice. Love the Korina body.

PS: Did Sergio take the photo of the spec sheet?

Would love to give that korina a whirl!!!

Very nice. I'm intrigued by your choice of pairing a 53/10 neck and Tremonti bridge. What was the thought behind that combination choice?

Very nice. I'm intrigued by your choice of pairing a 53/10 neck and Tremonti bridge. What was the thought behind that combination choice?

Most of my other PRS have 59/09s so for starters I wanted something a little different and hotter thus the Tremonti bridge. I never cared for the Tremonti neck pickup and I also wanted something splitable so I gave the 53/10 a shot. I liked it in a few guitars I had it in. It's a little fuller sounding to me than the 59/09 neck, great for lead solo tones. It also splits better than any PRS neck humbucker IMHO. I also dig the Tremonti split tones, very raunchy almost P90ish. I speced this out as a metal/hard rock guitar but it can cover a lot of bases with this pickup combination.

Love the Korina! Can't wait to hear your tone report. :rock:
Did a quick smoke test last night and everything turned out great. I was experimenting a little bit with the pickups and the wood combinations but it's a great match. This was speced out before I knew anything about the \m/ pickups but I wanted something gainy in the bridge but mellow in the neck much like the Tremonti Sig pickups. I was a little worried about the guitar being a little too bright so I stayed away from ebony and went with blackwood for the board. The maple and korina do add a little sizzle but just the right amount. The tremonti treble sounds great, not too bright, plenty of gain but also splits well, gets a nice raunchy single coil tone in the bridge. The 53/10 is very round and has a nice vintage vibe for lead tones or clean rhythms. It also splits well so even though I designed this with metal/hard rock in mind it can cover a lot of bases. I ran this through my Uberschall and it was awesome, but I'll give it a run through some cleaner amps today.

Beautiful. Funny, looking over your specs I thought,"These choices would make for a stellar rock/metal singlecut!" Sure enough....that is kinda what you had in mind! Congrats!

Wow great choices man! That would be one very capable and flexible axe. I love 53/10s in the neck position, I bet with the korina/maple it totally sings. Kudos!

So I played it a little through my tweed deluxe and Blues Junior III. Still very impressed with the tones even through the Tremonti bridge. It's very neutral sounding with those amps, very responsive to the amps eq compared to my all hog bodied guitars. I really like the ranges it can cover. With this and the Brent Mason (also Korina and Maple), you can do just about anything, Aside from the slight volume drop, even the split tones are great. I dig this more so than the 408. At least if works better for my range of music.

The Tremonti treble is a surprisingly versatile pickup. It's probably my favorite in the bridge, eek ing out the DGT and the 59/09. I don't know anything about the metal except what I've read. My favorites are PAFs with zing. My all time favorite are the fist generation WCR Fillmore bridges at 17.5.

I'm not surprised this combo rocks. You picked well. I would have done similar, with maybe a 57/08 in the neck.

Really cool guitar. Love the Santana headstock on a single cut.

Back