NGD: PRS Torero and LTD Kill'em All

taliababa

I got a couple of lower end guitars today; a PRS Torero and a LTD Kill'em All. Both sound and play really well. I'm particularly impressed with the build of the PRS. I might swap out the Floyd Rose 1000 with either a Gotoh or Schaller Floyd and the 81/85 with the EMG Het Set. Not because the stock hardware is bad, but rather I've wanted to try out the Gotoh and I love the Het Set.

I have the Torero as well.. (not sure if I consider it 'lower end' ;-)

Very cusrious to what you plan on doing.. I really dont like the EMGs as the sustain never ends...

I have the Torero as well.. (not sure if I consider it 'lower end' ;-)

Very cusrious to what you plan on doing.. I really dont like the EMGs as the sustain never ends...

The Torero and my JP6 will be my go to guitars. I've got 2 Custom 24's, both are currently in Maryland being fixed up and built. :) When they're shipped home, I'll be hesitant to play them for fear of damaging them. Kinda dumb, I know.

I only consider the Torero as lower end, just because of the price in comparison to US (non-S2) built PRS'. There's no doubt it's a well built guitar with quality hardware.

I only consider the Torero as lower end, just because of the price in comparison to US (non-S2) built PRS'. There's no doubt it's a well built guitar with quality hardware.

No worries just teasing you.
Heck I got mine 6 months old for 750...(I think they retail for 1100?.)
Like I said, very interested in what you are doing. I know you are looking into Hetfields but how are they different from the stock EMGs?

I dont mind the floyd, use to it by now..but as an example I will play natural scales the every string keeps ringing and ringing even when I come off.
I have to do a lot of muting etc just to shut a note up

It's hard for me to describe why I like the Het Set better than 81/85 or 81/60. They just sound better than either of those. To my ears there's more clarity and a fullness. Could all be psychosomatic as I'm a huge Metallica fanboy. :)

It's hard for me to describe why I like the Het Set better than 81/85 or 81/60. They just sound better than either of those. To my ears there's more clarity and a fullness. Could all be psychosomatic as I'm a huge Metallica fanboy. :)

I love Metallica as well...maybe a trip up to Rutland is in my future ;-)

Back