NGD: PRS Studio Ten Top - Blue Crab Blue

Solteroblues

Nablaz posted his NGD of a guitar in the same color just the other day, which got me even more excited my pending NGD. She arrived this morning, and she appears to be completely flawless. I haven't had a chance to do much with her yet, but I am so happy! It's the lightest solid body guitar I've ever owned, Willcutt said it was 6 lbs 14 oz, and I have every reason to believe it, light as a feather! Very alive and resonant, you really feel the vibrations, and that's with old strings. I've been wanting a PRS in Blue Crab Blue ever since I found a picture of an Artist V in it. Mine is not really anywhere close to the color of that Artist V, but it's still beautiful! Much more green, almost Trampas Green, which I also love, so I'm still pretty happy about it. It will take some getting used to with the middle pickup, but I haven't hit too much so far in my limited playing.

Hats off to Eric at Willcutt, smooth transition, fast shipping, so THANK YOU!

On to the pics:

18336498183_50aac1ceb6_z.jpg

18336498773_5c380ec0d1_z.jpg

18930904766_b87089da4b_c.jpg

lovely!
if i hadn't to cross the atlantic, i'd surely drive your way so that we could jam with our new BCB cousins! :laugh:
seriusly though, it does really look good and i'm happy for you that it also plays great!
cheers mate

Feels like it's BCB week, and that's no bad thing at all. :) Congrats, that's a stunner. Absolutely love the figure on the top.

Man I love that color, lots of NGD posts giving me extra gas, dammit. And I just bought a new one a week ago, lol. Enjoy!

Love it! as far as the slight color variation, it's pretty normal. Different pieces of wood takes stain differently. Kind of an imperfect science.

That might be the coolest shade of BCB I've seen! It almost reminds me of teal black that faded. I like the studio a lot. They are cool guitars.

Outstanding. BCB is a spectacular color, as all PRS "blues" are...and there are a lot of them...sorry Sergio.

yes, blue is by far my favorite color. Now I have the two opposite extremes of PRS blues, Whale Blue and BCB, so very dark to very light.

Try various different lightings, dude. I got a violet blueburst P245 that looked, well, violet with blueburst in the photos. I got a completely different guitar -- it looked more purple with blackburst. It wasn't until I took a shot of it with a flash that I saw the guitar I purchased. So I basically got two different tops for the price of one, that's the way I look at it. (for reference)

The pics (high quality, studio photos) Willcutt had up on their website and on Ebay were much more green than this, then they sent me a cell phone pic where it looked much more blue. I'm going by natural light (inside my office, from my window) right now, but if I turn on the fluorescents, then it turns more green than in natural light. It almost looks grey in some other angles. Definitely interesting! I'm not disappointed at all, I like how it looks with the differing colors...

Guys you are making me regret that I ordered my 513 in FBJ although I came close
to choosing BCB, but noooo I dig all these shades of blue especially the new faded blue whale...
Oh...Congrats
great color on a gorgeous top for an awesome PRS model

ENJOY :rock:

Back