NGD - PRS Studio 22!

Hey guys! Not too long after receiving my first PRS (lovely gift), I caved and bought my second one. I thought one would be enough!!

After quite a bit of research, I found a great deal (~$1800) on this PRS Studio 22 in Makenna Blue. This thing was basically brand new, hardly any marks on it at all.

Man oh man, I love this guitar! :D The narrowfields are amazing! It seems these are fairly rare, though. Any studio owners out there?

Picture:
https://imgur.com/gqTNQgm

Last edited:
Great guitars...had one a few years back. Never saw one in that color, very very sexy. Congrats and sounds like a helluva deal!

The "Studio" guitars are vastly underappreciated, IMO. I've played one like yours, and it was superb. I also now have one of the S2's, and love it just as much. I'm sure each has their own wonderful characteristics that are slightly different, but what I appreciate is how they can get a twist on classic "S" tones, but tonally the woods and resonance are very much PRS, so if you're a PRS player, you don't have to re-EQ your whole signal chain to get those tones, which I always find myself doing with a Strat.

Anyways, killer guitar, congrats!

What a beautiful Studio! I do not believe there are a lot of these out there. I have a black/tortoise version myself and I am soo blown away at the versatility that “I” personally get from this guitar. The tones get my groove going deep,( that’s really hard to explain) and one that I feel is irreplaceable. It just fits that niche perfectly. What a gorgeous Blue you have. May she serve you well! Here’s mine!
https://imgur.com/a/v9DTUqT

Love the Studio, a guitar that never got the recognition it should have! I played a NF3 for a while, and those Narrowfields are versatile!

I have an S2 Studio that is the first one out for a blues gig. Yours is really beautiful, and we know it sounds well because it’s blue. Can you get decent quack with the bridge/middle combination?

I have an S2 Studio that is the first one out for a blues gig. Yours is really beautiful, and we know it sounds well because it’s blue. Can you get decent quack with the bridge/middle combination?

Thank you all for the well wishes! To answer your question, yes you definitely can; but to my ears, you need a bright amp to do it. They sound lovely on my AC15, but on my Oranges, the NF's are VERY warm, I would say too warm. A lot of mid-range. I basically need to turn the treble all the way up, bring the mids almost all the way down, and have the bass around halfway to work with it on a Rockerverb. I need to experiment more with the pickup heights... Currently the neck NF is flush with the pickup ring and the middle is a bit above. I may try lowering the middle one some and see if that helps.

These pickups are incredibly dynamic with the volume knob, though. You can get some really, really cool and different sounds by messing with that.

Back