NGD: PRS Special Semi-Hollow 22

Goodsal

I've been on a quest lately to find the perfect PRS (for me). I've been a lifelong Fender and Gibson player, and last year I bought a PRS SE Paul's Guitar on a whim and really liked it. That inspired me to move up to a Core Paul's Guitar. I couldn't stop there, so I also bought a 594, thinking I'd sell one of them after playing both. But then I went on a quest to find the guitar that had the best attributes of those 2 guitars and this arrived today:

yZH4Gyp.jpg

It is fantastic. So much versatility, and every single position and combination sounds great. The workmanship is stunning. Obviously I'm on day one of the honeymoon, but I had to share!

Man, you got it bad! Just understand that once infected, the sickness never goes away, but it sounds like you're learning to live with it quite nicely.

Stunning guitar!

Very nice ! What do you think of the pickups? I have an SSH too, fabulous workmanship. I’m still tweaking pickup heights as the humbucking modes seem a bit hot to me. But the split tones are beautiful.

So far I love the pickups. They are a little hotter than my 594 with the 58/15LTs, but not much. They sound really sweet and are very touch sensitive. They don’t quack as much in the 2 and 4 positions as I’ve heard in YouTube videos. Did you find that lowering them brought out more quack?

Very nice ! What do you think of the pickups? I have an SSH too, fabulous workmanship. I’m still tweaking pickup heights as the humbucking modes seem a bit hot to me. But the split tones are beautiful.

I’ve been doing the same the past few days. I’ve been noticing the middle pickup likes to be set lower than my standard setting of 3/32 bass and 5/64 treble. My neck pickup is actually below the ring and bridge is flush. This guitar definitely likes the pickups set lower to my ear.

That is one super-sweet guitar!

I had a CU22 Semi-Hollow about 8-9 years ago, and foolishly sold it. The PRS Semi-hollow models sound great.

Congrats, that’s a beauty! SSH and a 594 sound like a great duo!

Congrats! And get used to that “honeymoon “ feeling... my EXP2018 SSH is hands down my favourite guitar. Ever. Barr none.

So far I love the pickups. They are a little hotter than my 594 with the 58/15LTs, but not much. They sound really sweet and are very touch sensitive. They don’t quack as much in the 2 and 4 positions as I’ve heard in YouTube videos. Did you find that lowering them brought out more quack?

I didn’t hear much of a difference lowering the narrowfield. But i do set my humbuckers pretty low. My neck pickup is flush with the humbucker rings, while the bridge pickup is just above.

Back