NGD ~ PRS SE Hollowbody Standard (slightly belated)

Great looking family and congrats on the new addition! Thanks for the detailed review as well. My 594 HBII is my daily player, but I am paranoid to take it "out", so I have been looking hard at those SE HB's!!! Enjoy and stay strong with the hollow love!!!!

I was just about to post what Ms. CarolD says below ! Hey CarolD ... Long time , No hear from ! I have given up on the flamey stripey S2 594 Thinline ... But one with P90's might intrigue me ! :)

Also said... He didn't sell his Core, because he would have taken a financial bath selling it ! That the "loss", would have paid for the SE Hollowbody !

Anyway, I still dig my 2 SE HB's... But I do plan to examine how it stands up to a new player on the block ... Sire. I recently copped their T7 Tele clone. It is just awesome. So the next move will be a Sire H7V (A Gibson 335 clone ,with P90's ! ) and see how it compares quality wise to the SE Hollowbodies ... It's getting harder for me to justify the extremely diminishing returns realized in the higher priced spread ... Not sure of the veracity of Mc Knights observation, but he does get to evaluate a lot of gear, and seemingly does not have an agenda to promote lower priced alternatives ...
Hi Crimes! I am here every day, just not a lot to post about. And yes, the thinline....too bad they didn't up the game on that just a bit. I didn't pull the trigger either. As for Phil, he doesn't have an axe to grind with anyone. I remember his review of the SE and he truly loved it at the time. I never miss a show!

Hi Crimes! I am here every day, just not a lot to post about. And yes, the thinline....too bad they didn't up the game on that just a bit. I didn't pull the trigger either. As for Phil, he doesn't have an axe to grind with anyone. I remember his review of the SE and he truly loved it at the time. I never miss a show!

Phil Mc was the reason I have the well priced, nicely made, well working attenuator.

Ok it doesn’t have all the whistles and bells, but it does what I need it to.

Last edited:

Hey, don’t take my word for it. It’s not for everyone.
Naw ... I'm thinking about that one too !:) That is the Rivera... I recall Phil claimed he could not hear a difference between the two ... But I'm concerned that an attenuator that emulates an actual speaker load (as opposed to just being a power sink) may be better for the Amp ..

It’s hard to criticise it for the some of all its parts and the price.

But hey what do I know, it’s my first foray into the world of attenuation.

I’m just talking from my experience.

Happy hunting.

Back