NGD PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
'Tis not for me though, it is for my youngest sons birthday which technically is not until the end of the month.
Picked it up early though so it would not be sold.

It is the 2012 PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow

Got it in the natural color.

I have a SE Custom 24 on order for myself, and I was going to get him one of these too, but he likes the semi-hollow one.
PRS SE Custom 24

Giving him the hardshell case I had reserved for my Custom 24, but I have another one on order from Sweetwater which will be here later.
Same PRS case that I have for the Santana.

Had the shop put on Ernie Ball Cobalts (I run these on all of my guitars, best strings out there IMO), and I had them put on the same tuners I have on my guitars, the Planet Wave Autotrims in nickel.
Autotrim tuners
Amazon carries these, that is where I get them

I will be adding myself to his guitar the Schaller Strap Locks.
I get these from Amazon also
I run these on all of my guitars too.

And last but not least, got him the TC Poly Tuner.
TC Electronics Poly Tune

Quite different than my Peterson Stomp Tuner, as the Poly Tune one you can strum all of your strings at once, and it will show you which are flat/sharp.

Here are a few pictures of his new guitar, it is on the far right next to the cords.
I am going to use the Virtuoso polish on it this weekend, and it will be even prettier.
I have played it without an amp and with my amps, and it sounds very nice.
These PRS SE guitars are very nice for the money being well under a grand for most of their models.

Hopefully my Custom 24 lands at the shop after the holiday weekend.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

A few more pics after I used Virtuoso Polish on it.
Made the finish pop even more.

I got to play it quite a bit more yesterday, and I really like this.
I may have to get one of them after I get my SE Custom 24.
It pretty much plays just like the Santana though.

23.jpg

24.jpg

I actually really like these, but want a Custom 24 first. I want to put strap locks on my SE and was wondering if there is any modifying the holes. I have read that Dunlop strap locks comes with screws that sometimes require drilling. I'm looking for a direct replacement.

The Schaller strap locks you reuse the PRS screws.
Perfect fit on the three SEs I have put them on now.

Have not tried it through it yet, just through the Carvin 2x12 which has the same speakers as the 4x12.

I have to have the volume down very low on the Micro Terror, as it is one loud little amp.
With the gain up and the volume down low, it has lots of sustain and crunch.

The Schaller strap locks you reuse the PRS screws.
Perfect fit on the three SEs I have put them on now.

Thanks Corey, I didn't know if they were like Dunlop where you use the screws that comes with it.

Back