NGD: PRS SE Custom 24 Zebrawood - Not Very Happy :(

AtomicDJ, if you are having any doubts about any of these online stores, I can fully vouch for Moore Guitars. They have one really good guy (Ed) who sets up almost all the guitars. The one he did for me was flawless. Also, I’ve been to the Mann Guitar Vault and he has a really nice little setup there. You could order there as well.

-k

I'd return it and get a used one from Dave's Guitar shop. I've bought a couple from him in as many years. Prices close to Craigslist for SE's. Free shipping no Tax and plenty of photos.
They sometimes have used S2's for about the price of a new SE CU24.

I would vouch for Dave’s they treated my purchase of an SE standard the same as if I would have bought a core model. They are great guys. I lost a pickup spring and called them, they told me they had spares. When I showed up they just handed them to me. No charge. They really are great.

I’ve also bought some things from Dave and John. Every one of the dealers mentioned is first rate. The point is, go to a smaller PRS DEALER, not a guitar supermarket. It’s a shame if you don’t know the difference.

Last edited:
There are shops that sell PRS exclusively?

There’s PRSRUs. There are various Shopping Paul’s around the US. There are several Fondle Our Wood locations, which specialize in custom orders (not to be confused with Fondle Ur Wood, a “massage” chain). And don’t forget McCarty’s, Home Of the Golden Archtops.

What is RU?

It's an offshoot of ToysRUs.

It's also the prefix for the phone numbers in the county next door to where Junior Samples lived. My old girlfriend's number was RU-812.

A-1623841-1366102122-3075.jpeg.jpg

Oh, lol! I was wondering about dogrocketp comment about PRS dealers, because all of the vendors mentioned in the thread are PRS dealers, including Sweetwater, GC, etc.

I got my SE from Zzounds. First one was a charm. Maybe luck, maybe not. Fwiw, my friend got the exact same model from Zzounds and his was exceptional as well.

Back