NGD - PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24

I pre-ordered from Dave’s. They handle a lot of PRS, so I would think they would have some pull. I don’t know what the state side supply looks like. Dave’s had a used one in stock for like 2 hours. I missed that one.
Sorry NBW, I got the used one from Dave's. It's my first PRS and I've been eyeballing this one for months. It was pure luck that I was on Reverb when Dave posted it.
Unfortunately I'm having issues with it going sharp especially if I use or even look at the tremolo. Are you having this problem? I've already added a drop of oil under the screw heads and I'm going to sandpaper the nut a bit tonight to see if that helps. Also if I push all the way down on the tremolo I hear a click which I think is coming from one of the springs. My only other guitar is an '89 Strat Plus that I've had since '92 and I've never had intonation issues even if I sleep on the tremolo bar.
I did a few mods already. I changed out the tuners to the PRS SE locking tuners, switched out the knobs, switch cap and PU rings to black just for looks preference. I can't add an image yet since this is my first post but I will when I can.

Reactions: NBW
Sorry NBW, I got the used one from Dave's. It's my first PRS and I've been eyeballing this one for months. It was pure luck that I was on Reverb when Dave posted it.
Unfortunately I'm having issues with it going sharp especially if I use or even look at the tremolo. Are you having this problem? I've already added a drop of oil under the screw heads and I'm going to sandpaper the nut a bit tonight to see if that helps. Also if I push all the way down on the tremolo I hear a click which I think is coming from one of the springs. My only other guitar is an '89 Strat Plus that I've had since '92 and I've never had intonation issues even if I sleep on the tremolo bar.
I did a few mods already. I changed out the tuners to the PRS SE locking tuners, switched out the knobs, switch cap and PU rings to black just for looks preference. I can't add an image yet since this is my first post but I will when I can.

Congratulations! I haven’t gotten mine yet. I have never really used the trem on my other SE, but it holds tune pretty well.

If you were local I’d tell you to go to Dave's they are awesome. You could give them a call, the guys in the Madison shop always are super helpful.

Congratulations! I haven’t gotten mine yet. I have never really used the trem on my other SE, but it holds tune pretty well.

If you were local I’d tell you to go to Dave's they are awesome. You could give them a call, the guys in the Madison shop always are super helpful.
I did talk to them and they were pretty great. I also called PRS to ask about the issue and the tech I spoke with knows Dave and could only say great things about him.

Reactions: NBW
Just picked one of these up myself. I was a bit worried about the colour not being as shown in the PRS promo video. It's not as dark but still a nice guitar. I think the nut is cut a little too deep however. Came with 9's. Changed to 10's but still too deep. G string binding a little. Needed a bit of a set up as well.

Ah, I see that yes it is you. Hi again, I am over in the states, I got my 35th 2 days before Christmas. I will try to put a photo on here. Your guitar looks great! I only had to do a minor adjustment and I chose to buy the SE locking tuners before it arrived. I was surprised to receive it because the online retailer said it would not ship to me until January 13th, so it was a few weeks early. Anyway, I hope you are still enjoying it!

Just picked one of these up myself. I was a bit worried about the colour not being as shown in the PRS promo video. It's not as dark but still a nice guitar. I think the nut is cut a little too deep however. Came with 9's. Changed to 10's but still too deep. G string binding a little. Needed a bit of a set up as well.
Hi. Did you happen to try the SE locking tuners? I ordered them without trying the guitar yet, and I feel they were an improvement but not a huge need. I had a couple of pinging noises in the nut when it arrived too, but they seem to have resolved now. Are you still liking it?

Seriously! I was thinking the same thing, especially when he first pulled it out of the bag.

And that figuring on the rosewood....man, these SE's just keep getting better and better and better and better.
In person, the bird inlays are even prettier than I thought they would be, and wow you are right about the SE coming to be such good guitars these days!

Here's my PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Black Gold Burst. Think it is the first in the UK, if not the world?

An unboxing video (apologies, didn't know my phone stops the video at 5mins!):
https://youtu.be/pKHWpZUPRtI

I'd say the last few photos are more like the proper finish on her. When the natural light hits it, it becomes more sunburst finish. When normal light hits it, it's the Black Gold Burst.

Just changing the tuners out for locking ones and putting some strap locks on.

Action seemed really good out of the box, but looks like it could be lowered a tad if I really wanted to, but I love the bit of pull up action!

This guitar feels like quality. Frets are nice and polished, no sharp ends!

The colour is more like the first photo:

s2v06Dj.jpg

When natural light hits it, it goes a bit more like a sunburst.

RgpZ2ug.jpg

IlQLe2B.jpg

lqhcHSH.jpg

mRYMLNZ.jpg

It is honestly, one of the nicest guitars i've owned!

v9zUBha.jpg

2UodnSu.jpg
Nice collection!

Thanks guys!

I still have some tuning instabilities which I imagine will need the nut filing a little bit to resolve. I did lube the nut slots when I installed locking tuners - guitar is still using the original strings though.

Loving the guitar still. I tend to pick it up 1st when I want to play as it just feels "right". I don't really use the trem on it (wish it was a proper floating one).

Hi. Did you happen to try the SE locking tuners? I ordered them without trying the guitar yet, and I feel they were an improvement but not a huge need. I had a couple of pinging noises in the nut when it arrived too, but they seem to have resolved now. Are you still liking it?

I have a set of the locking tuners on order actually. Interested to try them.

Thanks guys!

I still have some tuning instabilities which I imagine will need the nut filing a little bit to resolve. I did lube the nut slots when I installed locking tuners - guitar is still using the original strings though.

Loving the guitar still. I tend to pick it up 1st when I want to play as it just feels "right". I don't really use the trem on it (wish it was a proper floating one).

I am pleased with the locking tuners. The originals had a bit of play when I turned them but weren’t bad. They are easier and look cool, if you like the look. Some might prefer the more classic style.

Just got my 35th Anniversary PRS Custom SE 24. Great guitar indeed. The action of the guitar is low and comfortable but i am getting a lot Fret buzz, what about your one?

Here's my PRS SE 35th Anniversary Custom 24 - Black Gold Burst. Think it is the first in the UK, if not the world?

An unboxing video (apologies, didn't know my phone stops the video at 5mins!):
https://youtu.be/pKHWpZUPRtI

I'd say the last few photos are more like the proper finish on her. When the natural light hits it, it becomes more sunburst finish. When normal light hits it, it's the Black Gold Burst.

Just changing the tuners out for locking ones and putting some strap locks on.

Action seemed really good out of the box, but looks like it could be lowered a tad if I really wanted to, but I love the bit of pull up action!

This guitar feels like quality. Frets are nice and polished, no sharp ends!

The colour is more like the first photo:

s2v06Dj.jpg

When natural light hits it, it goes a bit more like a sunburst.

RgpZ2ug.jpg

IlQLe2B.jpg

lqhcHSH.jpg

mRYMLNZ.jpg

It is honestly, one of the nicest guitars i've owned!

v9zUBha.jpg

2UodnSu.jpg
Hi, could you help me, I don’t seem to be able to post photos and wondered if you could tell me how to do that? I would appreciate your help.

Hi, could you help me, I don’t seem to be able to post photos and wondered if you could tell me how to do that? I would appreciate your help.

Upload them to somewhere like IMGUR - use the image link and click on the picture icon on this post. Paste in the link to the image file (the .jpg file, not the page) and whammo.

Back