NGD - PRS SC245

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Andy80, Feb 11, 2019.

1. WA Paul

WA Paul It’s ok...I’m with Manny dog

I prefer 59/09s with RW necks ;)

2. Andy80

Andy80 New Member

Yep, I'm thinking this is a great idea!

3. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Excellent.
    Sc245 is a wonderful guitar.

markd21 likes this.
  4. SupremeDalek

SupremeDalek New Member

I love the 58/15's in these things. What do you find displeasing about the stock pickups?

5. pauloqs

pauloqs PRS McCarty

How’s the ergonomics on PRS SCs? Will they be as comfortable to play sitting down as say a double cut McCarty?

6. SupremeDalek

SupremeDalek New Member

In comparison I don't know. I find the SC to be comfortable standing or sitting. YMMV

7. elvis

elvis Hamfisted String Banger

I use a strap set a bit high, and I wear the strap both sitting and standing, so I find the guitars perfectly comfortable in either case.

8. pauloqs

pauloqs PRS McCarty

That's good to hear. I was thinking of getting a more of workhorse guitar to complement what I currently have. I wanted something light so I was considering a Mira or a S2 SC semi-hollow. I know they're different beast, but as long as I get something to complement what I already have as opposed to more of the same, I'd be happy. I don't have o problem playing my more expensive guitars in gigs and practice sessions, but sometimes I'm in the mood to play something more simple with a bit minimalist and understated vibe. Something that I feel like beating the hell out of. Right now my SG has a bit of that, but I still baby it a little bit because of the headstock. Also it's important to me that it be light. Not getting younger and all. That's why I'm considering the semi-hollow. Also I don't own a semi-hollow at the moment. It's nice to hear that PRS SCs are as comfortable as their double cuts to play both sitting or standing.

Sorry to have highjacked the thread a little bit. OP's guitar is absolutely gorgeous. I also like the bird outline inlays. I wish we would see more of those in current production. I also find the shorter scale length appealing.