NGD - PRS SC245

How’s the ergonomics on PRS SCs? Will they be as comfortable to play sitting down as say a double cut McCarty?

I use a strap set a bit high, and I wear the strap both sitting and standing, so I find the guitars perfectly comfortable in either case.

That's good to hear. I was thinking of getting a more of workhorse guitar to complement what I currently have. I wanted something light so I was considering a Mira or a S2 SC semi-hollow. I know they're different beast, but as long as I get something to complement what I already have as opposed to more of the same, I'd be happy. I don't have o problem playing my more expensive guitars in gigs and practice sessions, but sometimes I'm in the mood to play something more simple with a bit minimalist and understated vibe. Something that I feel like beating the hell out of. Right now my SG has a bit of that, but I still baby it a little bit because of the headstock. Also it's important to me that it be light. Not getting younger and all. That's why I'm considering the semi-hollow. Also I don't own a semi-hollow at the moment. It's nice to hear that PRS SCs are as comfortable as their double cuts to play both sitting or standing.

Sorry to have highjacked the thread a little bit. OP's guitar is absolutely gorgeous. I also like the bird outline inlays. I wish we would see more of those in current production. I also find the shorter scale length appealing.

Back