NGD: PRS S2 Standard 22

Anyone else noticed that SE prices have gotten VERY close to these satin standards? For my money, it’s no contest. They might not have the bling factor, but the feel and tone are there, major mojo machines.
Sometimes being a guitarist feels more like a curse than a pleasure. "Hey, this sounds amazing. Whoa, where'd my money go?" Story of my life.

Nice! For shiny spots on the guitar, I believe PRS recommendation is the finest steel wool on nitro satin. May work on the white spot as well. Use ZERO pressure and rub with the grain. Email prs customer service and ask.

Those would be Korean #7 pickups. They are vintage voiced PAF type pickups. Some people love them (me, for instance) some find them lacking. What I like about them is that they are responsive to pickup height.
Would you know what kind of magnet and rating?

That’s my favorite color of satin standards for sure. I had a pre S2 satin standard in the same color. The thing sustained for days! That finish is so thin it’s almost nonexistent. It’s kind of a delicate finish but looks cool worn too. Thought I remember you being a metal player from the other thread? If so, the PRS \m/ pickups are great and more versatile than the name. HFS also sounds great in standards. As do 5909’s. Duncan custom 5 bridge with a jazz neck sound great. You seem really happy though, so I probably wouldn’t spend the $ to fix something not broken. Although I think most of the PRS US made pickups would enhance the guitar.

That’s my favorite color of satin standards for sure. I had a pre S2 satin standard in the same color. The thing sustained for days! That finish is so thin it’s almost nonexistent. It’s kind of a delicate finish but looks cool worn too. Thought I remember you being a metal player from the other thread? If so, the PRS \m/ pickups are great and more versatile than the name. HFS also sounds great in standards. As do 5909’s. Duncan custom 5 bridge with a jazz neck sound great. You seem really happy though, so I probably wouldn’t spend the $ to fix something not broken. Although I think most of the PRS US made pickups would enhance the guitar.
Thanks for the great advice! I was looking at pickups, but so far, it sounds good for me stock.

Been playing it a little. I don't usually use the middle position of an HH guitar, but I am liking the tone that the middle position is giving me on this guitar. Is the middle position of PRS guitars usually different than others?

Back