NGD: PRS S2 Standard 22

littlebadboy

I have been wishful to own a US guitar one day. But, they were out of my financial range. Then, I found out about the S2 Standard line wherein used ones are somewhat doable for me. Electronics and some hardware are from Korea, but the rest were built in the US alongside the higher priced PRS ones. I thought this was good enough for me! I was weary initially because I wasn't so convinced with the PRS Singlecut SE that I briefly owned.

And so, here she is! $600 shipped with a good setup and new strings! From the good people at rEvolve Guitar & Music Shop in Bartlett, Tennessee, a PRS authorized shop, especially to Geoff, the shop owner...
She is indeed beautiful and sexy in person!

There's an area on the lower left with whitish streaks and spots. I see that it is where the forearm rests which probably is the reason. Any advice how to clean it?

Push-pull tone pot for splitting the humbuckers but I don't have any need.

The low mass locking tuners are great!

Played it for a bit and I have to say that it exceeds my expectations. Tremolo is awesome even after whammy abuse. After strapping it on, I now understand why they say a PRS is comfortable to play. I was thinking of replacing the pickups to US ones someday to make it more American, but I don't see the need. As I don't know how to describe sound in words, I will be making a video demo soon.

Unfortunately, I have to unload some gear to pay for this, but I have no regrets because I am beyond happy for this guitar. Anybody interested with a Squier CV50 bsb, Laguna LE112avb, heavily mod Epiphone LP Spec II Goth, and a TC Ditto X4?

I mentioned to the seller about the white spots/streaks. They refunded me $25. Good people. Good service equates to good business! I told them it wasn't necessary. I may return the $25 refund.

Last edited:
Came back for another look. It’s a veritable rock machine.

I totally agree with Russ, enjoy the guitar for what it is, play it hard and wear it like a badge of honour!

I have been wishful to own a US guitar one day. But, they were out of my financial range.
Why not look into the used market? You can get a great deal on an older core model if you're patient and just look around. Les Pauls from SIXTY YEARS AGO go for a quarter million, $250,000, and that's if you find one that WASN'T played by one of the rock and roll legends. The only reason a 10-20 year old PRS doesn't go for even 1% of that price is because Billy Gibbons didn't play one, plus the PRS will probably last 10x longer than the LP. When it comes to used PRSes, it is DEFINITELY a buyer's market

Why not look into the used market? You can get a great deal on an older core model if you're patient and just look around. Les Pauls from SIXTY YEARS AGO go for a quarter million, $250,000, and that's if you find one that WASN'T played by one of the rock and roll legends. The only reason a 10-20 year old PRS doesn't go for even 1% of that price is because Billy Gibbons didn't play one, plus the PRS will probably last 10x longer than the LP. When it comes to used PRSes, it is DEFINITELY a buyer's market
Thanks for the advise! I will content myself with this one for now, and take a look at the others out there when I can.

Killer! I have one of the same, and love it.

Anyone else noticed that SE prices have gotten VERY close to these satin standards? For my money, it’s no contest. They might not have the bling factor, but the feel and tone are there, major mojo machines.

Back