NGD- PRS S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut

mojo1fan

My 2021 PRS S2 594 McCarty Singlecut arrived today. Faded blue smokeburst. Looks virtually unplayed on the front, with minor surface scratches on the back.

Switch tip was broken, unfortunately. That's a simple fix, new switch is on the way. The pickups were jacked right up as high as they could go. After adjustment they sound good. The coil splits work great and exhibit minimal noise. Very pleased so far.

Fit and finish are suberb. Action is perfect, fretwork perfect, neck dead-nuts straight. We'll see if it hangs in there after acclimation to the West Texas climate but I feel real good about it.

It came with a generic hardshell case instead of the usual PRS heavy duty bag. I'd prefer the bag but the case is okay.

Not my guitar but looks just like it

xgiw3gcksaw10xdz2i5u.jpg

rfvpwxrer53y2beatwrn.jpg

gxcfykyprkb5xuixq0dn.jpg

Great score!

You should be able to pick up a bag pretty cheap, people sell their SE/S2 bags all the time - and they're nice bags!
I think I have more bags than PRSi right now (have to dig around in my garage). But I wouldn't mind using one of the good Gibson Les Paul padded case/bags, like this one-

SCasePBrn-large.jpg.auto.webp

I have one for a LP Tribute, and they're very nice.

So, if a person wanted to replace the tuners but didn't want to shell out $200 for the Phase III tuners, what might you recommend? I found these on Stew Mac that look like a direct replacement- Kluson tuners

Back