NGD: PRS Private Stock

For the guys who can’t see the pics in the original thread, hopefully the below pics work.

200645_A0-_F802-4203-_A314-0_B5_B8_C1_F6875.jpg

2328_A011-_B7_F5-46_E2-97_A2-44_BCB0_D869_D4.jpg

DD7_BD504-5_A50-4_E94-_BEDE-_AC73086_C49_E7.jpg

3_AC487_B4-601_B-464_A-_B4_FC-8_E7918_A6_FD43.jpg

E49_DDC56-_EBD3-4824-_A5_A7-0_DD016087610.jpg

B5258405-_B840-44_DB-_BFB7-344_B7839_BED2.jpg

AE466_E0_F-_F333-4762-_B9_AC-912760880_A28.jpg

735049_FA-316_E-45_A6-84_C4-3_F1_CED591163.jpg

DE8_EF670-76_F6-45_E5-_A966-6414_E48_BFCA3.jpg

54066_E5_F-_A7_DD-470_C-9442-6_FABFD94_A8_A3.jpg

I simply never use it. A lot of guys use their tone controls, I’m just not in that group. :)

Unfortunately, I don’t, but if it’s for a PRS PS, it’s near guaranteed to be the best you can find of that species.

Cheers, my friend!
Thanks. I agree, I’ve never had any clunkers with a PS model. Come to think of it, I’ve never had any clunkers from PRS period.

Because the man knows what he wants!
I would have never thought to not have tone knob.... now Im curious about the logistics?

What is the sound of the tone it has? Is it like the knob is on 5? 10? 0?

Do you change your tone on your amp?

Gorgeous...and simple...I'm in the group that rarely, if ever, mess with the tone knobs. But I'm not a constant rocker, either. Beautiful axe!

I would have never thought to not have tone knob.... now Im curious about the logistics?

What is the sound of the tone it has? Is it like the knob is on 5? 10? 0?

Do you change your tone on your amp?

I've had guitars with no tone knob for the same reason of never using them. I still don't use them but I like the option. The tone knob is really more like an attenuator for high frequencies anyways, so all it's doing is subtracting frequencies from your sound. If the guitar sounds good there's really no need to do that. On top of that, you can consider your volume knob a tone knob as well. its presence alone in the signal will attenuate some frequencies. That's why guys like to mess with different resistance values. So, in a way, he still has a tone knob.

And to answer your question, it's like the tone knob on eleven. The tone knobs on your amp should be adjusted to taste as usual.

Edit: PRS guitars didn't have a tone knob for the first five years either!

Last edited:
Beautiful guitar!

That bridge really threw me for a loop. I had to look a lot closer.

Beautiful guitar!

That bridge really threw me for a loop. I had to look a lot closer.

Thank you, and yes sir, it’s a hardtail bridge. In addition to the tone knob, I never use tremolo bridges either. They’re a nightmare to tune, imho, so finally about ten years ago, I got so frustrated I said I’d never buy a guitar with a trem bridge again. And I haven’t!

Reactions: jxe
that is beautiful.... congrats on a killer guitar.

That is the tone control.

So, the beauty of the world is that everyone is different and we all approach things from different angles. It would be really boring if we were all the same....

I can't imagine my guitar without the tone knob. To be fair, I don't play with a lot of pedals. My standard setup is a Fender Compressor, a boost for lead, and a 30W crate tube amp with a dirty and clean channel (which like your guys tone controls - I almost never move from the setup sweet spot I have dialed in). I am constantly tweaking my tone control and pickup selector. I find dialing in the proper tone almost as necessary as playing the right notes. For example, if I was just rocking out Soundgarden's Blow Up the Outside on the neck pickup with tone control on 8 and I started playing Rush's Passage to Bangkok without changing settings, I'd have to stop. It just doesn't sound right unless I'm on the bridge with a tone of 1.

Where you at Les? I'm surprised the tone master hasn't chimed in :)

Make no mistake, It is a BEAUTIFUL guitar! and everyone should set their stuff up for them, not for others... I had just never previously imagined a guitar without a tone knob.... Reminds me of the first time I saw a really expensive mountain bike that was single speed. No derailleur in the mountains? mind blown.....o_O

That is a super beautiful Guitar! I love the choice of etched birds,
I remember how awesome they look on the 10th anniversary model back in 1995. Enjoy it!

Back