NGD! PRS Private Stock # 4919 Paul's Guitar in Rainforest Glow Maple Sandwich!

cG6jI4u.gif

That is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. Stunning. Question. Is the headstock veneer Rosewood as stated, or flamed Maple?

Last edited:
despite having one of the most painful buying experiences with GC in history (including the assistant manager flat-out lying to me....

Glad it worked out in the end. I just went through almost the exact same thing with an R9 at GC.

Green.... Meh. THAT colour... Bloody phenomenal. What a killer looking guitar!

Wow, so gorgeous!! That is just way off the hook!

Count me a fan of that one.

I'm editing this post to mention that what's so great about PS is not only the way they look. There's something that's incredible about how they feel, play and sound that is hard to put into words, but it's there. And the longer one lives with one of these, the more apparent it becomes.

Huge congrats on this, it's really awesome.

It's funny, the craftsmanship on ALL PRS guitars is top notch. I find that my Artist Package pieces are pretty much on-par with my Private Stocks, but I am also one of those folks who can be a sucker for an amazing top (times two when it has a maple cap on the back that is THAT good! :adore:) and non-standard wood options/inlays, so when it all comes together in a Private Stock just right, it's a thing of true beauty. My SC245 PS has the amazing Sinker Mahogany neck (whether that guitar is incredible because of the neck itself, or if it's a "sum of all parts" deal, I cannot say for sure) and just resonates and reverberates like crazy, and this one with the Honduran Rosewood neck is exactly the same! Could be the combination of the killer necks and the wraparound tailpiece too, but whatever it is, BOTH of those guitars are true examples of the "Cream of the Crop" from PRS. At this point I'm down to (ha, still feels funny saying it that way :redface:) four USA PRS, but it's a very evened-out set:

-P22 Trem Artist Package with an IRW neck and BRW board in Trampas Fade
-CU24 Artist Package with a Flamed Maple neck and Ebony fretboard in Bonnie Pink
- PS 4346 SC245 Sig Piezo with a Sinker Mahogany neck in Orange Glow Smoked Burst
- PS 4919 Paul's Guitar with a Honduran Rosewood neck and BRW board in Rainforest Glow

All have unique finishes and ALL sound and play incredible! Some seriously inspiring guitars and while I love having tons and tons of different instruments around, I think paring down to just a few was a good thing for me as it's forcing me to give them all the proper amount of playing time they deserve! :D

That is outrageous. +1 for the Honduran Rosewood neck.

Agreed! I love the IRW and BRW necks, the Honduran seems to be closer to a BRW neck to my ears and fingers. Grain is very closed so it FEELS like BRW and it does sound a bit sweeter which reminds me more of BRW as well. If they're all like this one, consider me a fan! :D

WOW! Another beauty! Not sure how anyone would want to trade this one in...glad you are the beneficiary!!! Yet another stunning build by Brian.

I believe the prior owner tends to move a lot of guitars, can't say I blame him as I've seen the pieces he cycles through (I've owned another one he traded in, actually!) as it seems like it's typically selling/trading one to buy another AP or Private Stock. I guess I can relate, although I don't have the funds nor the guitars to keep up with that guy! ;)

That is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. Stunning. Question. Is the headstock veneer Rosewood as stated, or flamed Maple?

Thanks! Well it states the following:

"Headstock Veneer wood: Curly Maple, Rainforest Glow finish"
"Headstock veneer inlays: Brazilian Rosewood Private Stock Eagle"

Not sure if you misread, but the info provided is certainly correct, the headstock veneer itself is flamed maple and the Private Stock Eagle inlay is Brazilian Rosewood. I posted up that cell phone shot of the eagle as you can actually see the nitro has already started sinking into the grain of the rosewood eagle inlay!

PS4919_iPhone_4jpg_zpsa9b870f5.jpg

So the headstock cap and truss rod cover are both flamed maple, but the eagle inlay is definitely Brazilian Rosewood. :)

You've been quiet for too long. I knew it wouldn't last :). Congrats on a killer looking fiddle.

Haha thanks Mike, yeah I had actually slowed down quite a bit this year, needed some time to build funds back into the bank account after a rough time in the last year or so. After that got settled again, I was typically consolidating my guitars and buying a single AP or PS (or one of two other custom guitars) with the proceeds of the sales. Things have been looking up lately, still dealing with some medical issues as always (guessing that's just going to be a part of life until they can find a medication my body doesn't reject immediately or within a few months) but I find playing guitar to be quite therapeutic and having inspirational pieces like this around is one of the few luxuries in life I can still enjoy! :D

Thanks again for all the nice posts folks! We had the in-laws visiting for the weekend (not that we had the weather for it anyways!) so I didn't have time to snap pics of this beauty yet, but there will be a boatload of quality photos coming soon! ;)

its been a LONG time since i was on a guitar forum actually looking at guitars....then I came across this thing and was STUNNED!!! And then as I am reading the posts I suddenly realize whos guitar it is!! DANG MATT!!!! AWESOME GUITAR BRUDDA!!!!

Not sure if you misread, but the info provided is certainly correct, the headstock veneer itself is flamed maple and the Private Stock Eagle inlay is Brazilian Rosewood. I posted up that cell phone shot of the eagle as you can actually see the nitro has already started sinking into the grain of the rosewood eagle inlay!

PS4919_iPhone_4jpg_zpsa9b870f5.jpg

So the headstock cap and truss rod cover are both flamed maple, but the eagle inlay is definitely Brazilian Rosewood. :)

Thanks! Yes I misread as usual. :redface: I wanted to make sure because I want to do something similar on a PS I am planning on ordering. :)

Back