NGD! PRS Private Stock # 4919 Paul's Guitar in Rainforest Glow Maple Sandwich!

HighGain510

Just one more...
Little late on this one and I still haven't had a chance to take some quality SLR shots of her yet, but I finally landed PRS Private Stock # 4919 which is an absolutely incredible Paul's Guitar spec'd out by Brian @ Brian's Guitars earlier in the year! Long story short, I had tried to pick this puppy up when she first dropped but someone else beat me to the punch! Between Jade Glow and Rainforest Glow, I've found two of my absolute favorite PS finishes in green so the attraction to this beauty was immediate, we're talking serious tractor beam action!!! I saw she popped up on GC Used and despite having one of the most painful buying experiences with GC in history (including the assistant manager flat-out lying to me... which always reminds me of why I prefer dealing with the smaller/boutique shops like Brian's and GuitarMav for my PRS needs!), I was finally able to work out a mutually-beneficial deal with the GM for that store and all is well! Here are the specs for any folks who might have missed this one previously:

Specs for PRS Private Stock #4919 said:
PRS Private Stock Paul’s Guitar Rainforest Glow

Serial Number: 209908 #4919

Weight: 7.9lbs

Model: Paul’s Guitar
Neck wood: Honduran Rosewood
Fingerboard wood: Brazilian Rosewood
Top wood: Curly maple
Back wood: Mahogany with Curly Maple cap, Continuous backplates
Headstock Veneer wood: Curly Maple, Rainforest Glow finish
Neck Carve: Pattern
Side Dots: Gold Mother Of Pearl
Color / Stain: Rainforest Glow
Fingerboard inlays: 20th Anniversary birds in Green Select Abalone with Malachite outlines, Gold Mother of Pearl whisps
Headstock veneer inlays: Brazilian Rosewood Private Stock Eagle
Finish type: High gloss nitro
Pickups: Treble: Narrow 408 Bass: Narrow 408
Electronics: Volume, tone with 3-way toggle with two mini switches for coil tap
Hardware: Aluminum PRS stoptail with brass inserts and phase III locking tuning pegs with Brazilian buttons
Set-Up: D’Addario .010
Case type: Private Stock leather

As stated above I haven't had time (or had nice enough weather on days where I had the time) to take shots with my good camera, so I'll borrow a few of Brian's lovely shots and a few iPhone snaps of my own as well for the time being. In typical fashion, I'll return with some quality shots of this baby as soon as I have a good day to shoot them!

imagejpg21_zpsf29bf0e6.jpg

imagejpg16_zpsd3ce38e6.jpg

imagejpg22_zps1b05578b.jpg

imagejpg23_zps07139239.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse15e9104.jpg

imagejpg8_zpsf7fc6896.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsc9e6f145.jpg

imagejpg2_zps50a494b0.jpg

Couple more pics below due to image limit.

Just a few quick iPhone shots from when I picked her up:

PS4919_iPhone_1jpg_zps257bfa63.jpg

PS4919_iPhone_2jpg_zps157403f1.jpg

PS4919_iPhone_3jpg_zpsa16c83c1.jpg

PS4919_iPhone_4jpg_zpsa9b870f5.jpg

This one sounds as great as she looks!!! I had been debating looking into getting her routed for humbuckers (checked out the 408 narrow-sized routes with the pickups removed and PRS rings laid down, so for anyone curious, the route for the ears of the pickups stick out a TINY bit beyond the humbucker ring so you couldn't cleanly swap out a Paul's guitar for hums if you were thinking about doing some routing!) but fortunately I'm really digging the pickups combined with the Honduran Rosewood neck! Killer cleans and the OD and higher gain tones are fantastic as well. Not sure if it's the neck or just the combination of everything but this thing rings out like crazy, one of those guitars were you can feel the attack reverberate through your hands and your chest! So good! It's funny because the top and back are both fantastic chunks of maple, but I think I might actually prefer the back maple to the top! DAT ASS!!!

That is gorgeous! Congrats. I'd be afraid of scratching that back up. When I do a PS build I'm going with the 20th Anni Birds. They are awesome. Never been a big fan of green guitars but the colors PRS puts out are really changing my view.

Wow, so gorgeous!! That is just way off the hook!

Count me a fan of that one.

I'm editing this post to mention that what's so great about PS is not only the way they look. There's something that's incredible about how they feel, play and sound that is hard to put into words, but it's there. And the longer one lives with one of these, the more apparent it becomes.

Huge congrats on this, it's really awesome.

Last edited:
WOW! Another beauty! Not sure how anyone would want to trade this one in...glad you are the beneficiary!!! Yet another stunning build by Brian.

That is truly one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen! Congrats. The materials, the top, the color, the pups! Stunning.

Back