NGD PRS P245 Semi-Hollow

Ben Pinkus

After wanting a semi hollow for a while, I thought I'd go try a few out - I assumed I'd go down the Gibson or thinline tele route but none of them really wowed me (don't get me wrong I did really like them). So I had another thought and after always wanting a PRS I looked at their semi hollows - and boy was there alot of choice!

I nearly pulled the trigger on the reclaimed C22 when it was announced or a S2 C24 SH, but once I saw this beauty in Guitar Village, I knew it was the one.
After playing it for awhile and getting used to the shorter LP type scale, I was sold and walked out with a new addition to my family, with my wallet substantially lighter.

Its a incredibly clear and versatile guitar due to the Piezo and Coil tapping. I haven't a chance to use the dual input only the mix/mag so far, but it sounds wonderful.

Will use it mainly for ambient stuff, or jazz, or those gigs where you need an acoustic and electric but cant be bothered to bring both

tJjxBiu.jpg

88vjlcq.jpg
QaEwD9R.jpg

Last edited:
Smokin'! Love the color!

I'm still digging mine, recently acquired from a fellow forumite. Maybe I'm just a little off-center (OK, I am indeed off-center), but when I pick up my P245SH I get all Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Foo Fighter -ish. I have no desire to go to Pink Floyd-land, which is where I have spent a lot of my guitar time.

I dunno whether it is the feel of the neck, the pickups, the semi-hollow nature, but I get into that hard/metal/stoner rock mode and just go!

I need to explore some of that ambient or jazz tones you mentioned, though. Might find something interesting...

Smokin'! Love the color!

I'm still digging mine, recently acquired from a fellow forumite. Maybe I'm just a little off-center (OK, I am indeed off-center), but when I pick up my P245SH I get all Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Foo Fighter -ish. I have no desire to go to Pink Floyd-land, which is where I have spent a lot of my guitar time.

I dunno whether it is the feel of the neck, the pickups, the semi-hollow nature, but I get into that hard/metal/stoner rock mode and just go!

I need to explore some of that ambient or jazz tones you mentioned, though. Might find something interesting...

Yeah, I'd seen a few scattered around the interweb in the UK (including a nice 10 top going on ebay for less than this one), but none of the finishes had that wow factor which I wanted from a PRS except this one.

The more I've played it today, the more i've been experimenting with heavier tones, and the sustain is wonderful and gives a different flavour to my other Humbucking guitar (Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec). So can definitely see why you go that route with it.

And yes you have to try some more ambient playing with the piezo/blend - my strymon blue sky has never sounded as good! (also fun fact I played the piezo only setting through my acoustic board into my mesa, and was very impressed. Can't wait to find an excuse to use both inputs at the same time!

Great choice.
Enjoy.

Thank you very much, I can see why people get addicted to buying PRS guitars - saw some other lovely C24's (which shape and neck I prefer). Better get saving again eh!

Back