NGD - PRS my second one. WOW

RiverRat

Enjoying the Arizona Desert
Picked this up today from a local music store. Did a straight up trade for an acoustic that I never play.
PRS Signature Limited. Awesome Artist top. I haven't explored all of the tonal possibilities. But while I am doing that, any of you gentlemen have this model? Please share your experience.

What do you think?

Phenomenal guitar. You will love it.

Not that it matters much due to the trade, but they gave you the wrong case, if the guitar is new. It originally came with a black nylon canvas covered Artist hard case with brown "pleather" ends and a brown leather padded handle. The interior was French fitted and blue in color.

The neck is a very dense mahogany that really resonates with the guitar.

I love that model. Yours is absolutely my favorite color, and that top rocks!

Last edited:
Phenomenal guitar. You will love it.

Not that it matters much due to the trade, but they gave you the wrong case, if the guitar is new. It originally came with a black nylon canvas covered Artist hard case with brown "pleather" ends and a brown leather padded handle. The interior was French fitted and blue in color.

The neck is a very dense mahogany that really resonates with the guitar.

I love that model. Yours is absolutely my favorite color, and that top rocks!

Thanks.

When he brought out the case I told him that is the wrong case. And that is should be as you described. He said that was the case that was sent to them. So I am wondering if this was acquired through another store and the cases got mixed up... I was kind of bummed when the right case didn't come out but he said that was the one that came with it.
I don't have reason to not believe him. I have known him for years and he is a straight shooter. Or maybe until now....

But I have seen others of this line with just a black case. So maybe the first 100 shipped with the nicer case and the production run of 400 got the black case. I am still happy.

Thanks.

When he brought out the case I told him that is the wrong case. And that is should be as you described. He said that was the case that was sent to them. So I am wondering if this was acquired through another store and the cases got mixed up... I was kind of bummed when the right case didn't come out but he said that was the one that came with it.
I don't have reason to not believe him. I have known him for years and he is a straight shooter. Or maybe until now....

But I have seen others of this line with just a black case. So maybe the first 100 shipped with the nicer case and the production run of 400 got the black case. I am still happy.

No, all the run got the artist case, but it's not a big deal to be sure.

I checked the MODCAT code sticker that is on the case. Yup. The case is for a Custom 22 in Blue Crab Blue. 59 p'ups, and a 5-way Bladswitch.

Well it is a very nice case and sturdy. I would rather have the one that goes with it. Maybe I will start looking and sell the current one. A paisley case would be very cool.

I have a Signature Limited in Black Gold too. It is one of my favorite guitars. The 'sinker' mahogany neck gives it unbelievable sustain and tone. You will love it. Congrats on the new guitar!

I ran it through my Mesa Lonestar special last night for a while and it sounded great.
Tonight I will see how it does thru my '68 Super Reverb.
Then on the weekend my 65amps soho gets a crack at it. So 3 different amps to give me wide range of tonal possibilities.

I see what you mean by sustain. It was very nice.

Congrats! My 408 in black gold finish is my main gigging guitar now, so versatile and fun to play, it also cuts thru beautifully in the mix.

My Signature Limited is my favorite of all my PRS guitars (and that includes three Modern Eagles, among others.) It's just fantastic.

Congratulations on an excellent guitar!!

Great choice! The neck pickup split gets some great sounds, combine it with the bridge on full and you're close to heaven. Enjoy!

Back