NGD - PRS Custom 24

jds22

Hey all, this is an update to my 'incoming PRS" thread from the other day.
This is a used from GC 2017 custom 24. I was worried about the condition based on the price I paid but after close inspection, it's like new. If I ordered a new one and it arrived like this, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Now the pics. They're not the greatest but you get the idea.

It plays great, sounds great both plugged and unplugged, I really can't add anything to what has already been said before. Getting ready to restring and make a few minor adjustments.

This is the most I've ever spent on a guitar and I'm finding myself kind of babying it when I play. I'm ok with banging away on my other guitars but am hesitant with this one. Maybe it'll help me develop a lighter touch.

This is the most I've ever spent on a guitar and I'm finding myself kind of babying it when I play. I'm ok with banging away on my other guitars but am hesitant with this one. Maybe it'll help me develop a lighter touch.

I completely get it. Unlike some on here with pretty vast collections, I have only owned 3 PRS's in my lifetime and only ONE at a time. So I tend to play my other guitars more as to not nick, chip, scrape, ding, dent, scuff, rash or otherwise damage my pride and joy guitar. I kind of love and hate to play it at the same time.

That looks great!!! Classic look to it, for sure.

I totally get the feeling of babying the guitar when you first get it. In fact, I take pretty good care of all my guitars even after owning them for a bit, wiping them down after playing them and keeping them cased. They are, however, pretty resilient and can take minor bumps and dings without flinching.

Congrats on your purchase...enjoy it!!!

Thanks everybody.

Question, take a look at this pic please. The saddle screw for the high E is longer than the others. It actually covers the hole in the base plate. The other 5 look to be the same length Any ideas as to why? Should I replace it with one that is the same as the others? BTW, I haven't checked intonation yet in case you wondering about the position of the saddles. I do that this weekend. :)

Edit to add, I just looked a 3 or 4 bridges up close on Sweetwater's site and the high E screw is like that on all of them. I guess it's fine???

Last edited:
Thanks everybody.

Question, take a look at this pic please. The saddle screw for the high E is longer than the others. It actually covers the hole in the base plate. The other 5 look to be the same length Any ideas as to why? Should I replace it with one that is the same as the others? BTW, I haven't checked intonation yet in case you wondering about the position of the saddles. I do that this weekend. :)

Edit to add, I just looked a 3 or 4 bridges up close on Sweetwater's site and the high E screw is like that on all of them. I guess it's fine???

That's just the way they come. Gives plenty of room for adjusting the intonation.

Anyway, aww yeah I love tobacco burst with a milder figure. Classic look. Play the heck out of it!

Wow nice! And the figuring of the birds abalone seems to point to the guitar being Artist or Wood Library spec.

Almost looks like E and,B saddles are touching fulcrum screws.

It looks that way from the angle of the pic but I double checked after you mentioned it. They're close but not touching. I'm going to do some final adjustments this weekend.

Classic looking guitar! Play the heck out of it! I certainly wouldn't go all Hendrix at Monterey or Townshend on it, but no need to baby it too much!

Hey all, this is an update to my 'incoming PRS" thread from the other day.
This is a used from GC 2017 custom 24. I was worried about the condition based on the price I paid but after close inspection, it's like new. If I ordered a new one and it arrived like this, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Now the pics. They're not the greatest but you get the idea.

It plays great, sounds great both plugged and unplugged, I really can't add anything to what has already been said before. Getting ready to restring and make a few minor adjustments.

Being a newbie to the PRS scene, I was wondering what the differences are between this guitar and mine, the S2 Custom 24. Obvious ones--pickups, bridge, nut, etc.
One thing I hadn't noticed was the detail in the birds, much finer.
Congrats!

Congrats on the new guitar. Now you need an Archon!

Back