NGD! PRS Custom 24 SE RM Charcoal Burst

Impervious

Just got this baby online. Looks great and the roasted maple neck is just glorious to play.

3iRkFjo.jpg
I7ilpy2.jpg
jJTTLVw.jpg

Last edited:
You need to use a third party host for your pics. I and several others use Imgur. Otherwise we assume you bought a Hello Kitty.

I installed a set of PRS locking tuners as soon as I got the guitar because I like how much easier they make it to change strings. Whether they help with tuning stability I’ll never know but that does not seem to be an issue at all. The sound was exactly what I was hoping for despite buying it sight-unseen.
I already owned a PRS SE 277 Baritone that I love, though, so I knew I would be getting a nice instrument regardless.

Last edited:
I am very happy. It’s fun to play and the layout of the controls is just right, too. The push-pull pot on the tone control is really useful.

I can’t get over how cool the black bird inlays look! :cool:

Last edited:
OP I played that guitar at Sam Ash a few months ago and loved it, was fantastic, it was Made in Korea one, great guitar wish they made a 22 fret roasted maple...

OP I played that guitar at Sam Ash a few months ago and loved it, was fantastic, it was Made in Korea one, great guitar wish they made a 22 fret roasted maple...
Yep, this one’s Made in Korea like all of the SEs. As much as I love and covet the high-end US models, this one suits my gigging/recording/rehearsing/performance needs perfectly.

|’ve been playing it all day at my house and making an awful racket while everybody is social distancing. If my family members are annoyed they haven’t said so yet.

Last edited:
Yep, this one’s Made in Korea like all of the SEs. As much as I love and covet the high-end US models, this one suits my gigging/recording/rehearsing/performance needs perfectly.

|’ve been playing it all day at my house and making an awful racket while everybody is social distancing. If my family members are annoyed they haven’t said so yet.
Many of the SE models are now Chinese or Indonesian made. I can tell you that many of the kinks have been worked out. Just got an SE Hollowbody Standard that was made extremely well. The setup was atrocious, but once I fixed that it’s a keeper. The maple neck of your guitar intrigues me. I think it’s a visually stunning guitar. How do the high notes sound above the octave on the E and B strings?

Many of the SE models are now Chinese or Indonesian made. I can tell you that many of the kinks have been worked out. Just got an SE Hollowbody Standard that was made extremely well. The setup was atrocious, but once I fixed that it’s a keeper. The maple neck of your guitar intrigues me. I think it’s a visually stunning guitar. How do the high notes sound above the octave on the E and B strings?
I didn't realize there were SEs made in China and Indonesia.
This one is made in Korea.
High notes seem like they sound good.
The roasted maple neck looks amazing and it resonates in your fretting hand, which is a great feeling. It's very musically alive and responsive.

Boy have I been enjoying this instrument! It’s so comfortable and fun to play and the sound is so rich, pure, expressive, and resonant. I know it's only a sample size of one but holy cow—this thing is a gem!

It was fun and easy to install the PRS locking tuners, which are a great upgrade. This instrument has a boatload of great clean tones. I haven't tried it under distortion yet but I'm looking forward to that. There's definitely a phenomenon in which if you love how a guitar looks and feels, your ears will want to get in on that joy. Sadly, a wonderful guitar is not substitute for the human friends and family whose presence I dearly miss right now.

I own quite a bit of gear. I’m primarily a bass player and I play baritone guitar as well so this was far from my first instrument purchase but it is certainly one of the most gratifying acquisitions.

Last edited:
Impervious...You're not wrong... there's no substitute for family and friends...However...that's a kickin' axe!! Enjoy. I love the maple FB with the dark birds.
Also, installing replacement ANYTHING is a blast, especially when upgrading, and it's a direct replacement. Mannmade is one of the dealers/places we speak of highly around here. Congrats.

Back