NGD PRS Custom 24 Orange Tiger 2013 FM (long overdue) & Guitar Cover Vid

petrucciXsfogli

Hi there PRS Community,

I'd like to share my guitar (& playing) for the first time: 2013 PRS Custom 24 | Flamed-Maple (Non-10) Orange Tiger | 57/08 | Pattern Thin, (acquired May 2013) with a humble attempt to cover LoG's "WWMIH".

YT:

Apologies for the audio & video, this is just RAW phone cam & audio capture (use headphones/crank it up!). I really would've wanted it to be "pro" like: good mix (my laptop's broken atm, somebody donate me a macbook pro pls! :p), but I'm just happy to be playing again (stopped playing for 2.5 years) & learn to play my fave music. I realize I play better when I'd just woken up, got out of bed, & no warm-ups/practice, but it's a decent take so I thought it's good enough (though can still be polished)-this is the 6th take & solo is 3rd take. There are few minor mistakes: about 3 dead notes in the solo/riffs & 2 in intro. There's a riff section that didn't cut through the recording even though they're not choked notes. The backing track (jammit) is guitarless except for the bridge section (03:07-23 mark, so I didn't play that riff).
Amp: Yamaha THR10
A&V(Raw): Samsung Galaxy S6

Thanks & stay Guitar-Lover!
Ken
PRS Custom 24 | 2013 | Orange Tiger FM (Non-10) | 57/08 | Pattern Thin

You guessed it, I'm a huge fan! Sure is, I just hope it lives up to the album title! I've been waiting for them to write an album that can match I&W, Scenes, & Awake.

You guessed it, I'm a huge fan! Sure is, I just hope it lives up to the album title! I've been waiting for them to write an album that can match I&W, Scenes, & Awake.
That make two of us. Looking forward to seeing them in Chicago at the end of April . It's sure to be spectacular.

That make two of us. Looking forward to seeing them in Chicago at the end of April . It's sure to be spectacular.
Awesome, good 4 u bro! Been dying to see them live but they don't visit my country. Been to L.A. CA once but they didn't have a show.

Nice, sir!

You should post this over in the Stage & Studio forum - might get a bit more attention over there.

Great axe & great playing...I have a 2013 CU24 in Orange Tiger with 57/08s (Pattern Regular neck though) and it's a killer guitar - probably the best-sounding CU24 I have ever owned.

I don't play with that much gain usually, but the 57/08s seem like they handle it pretty well. Thanks for sharing, and congrats!

Great axe & great playing...I have a 2013 CU24 in Orange Tiger with 57/08s (Pattern Regular neck though) and it's a killer guitar - probably the best-sounding CU24 I have ever owned.

I don't play with that much gain usually, but the 57/08s seem like they handle it pretty well. Thanks for sharing, and congrats!
Thanks Carl, appreciate your watching & comments! Cool, same axe; congrats on yours I'm sure she's a beaut! I prefer hand-size friendly necks . I can't agree with you more it's a killer sounding & looking guitar, my video doesn't do it justice! So versatile too!

Nice to see a fellow LOG fan :)
For a non 10-top that's a helluva finish
Thanks yes I got lucky with the top ☺; I didn't see it in person when I bought it but I saw hi-res pictures. Yup, grew up with LoG & they got me started witht the heavier stuff. Seen them 2x and they're awesome live too! Thanks solacematt, see you around!

Back