NGD: PRS Custom 24-08 35th Anniversary, Artist Package

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
Complete surprise. When I woke up this morning I had no idea I would wind up buying another guitar today. But as it just so happened, an unexpected opportunity presented itself, and so, as the saying goes... "Sieze the day!"

As the PRS 35th Anniversary was in 2020, and this guitar says 2011 on the back of hte headstock, I therefore assume that they were still filling orders for 2020 in 2021 when this guitar was finally made. (For reference, my 30th Anniversary guitar was actually made in late 2014.)

PRS_2021-CU_24-08_35thANNIV.jpg

You know the deal... The photo doesn't do it justice.
In reality, pick the best looking part of the body from this cell phone photo... the whole body, when it is in front of you, actually looks that good.

Very nice!
Which version of blue is that called? Whale Blue?
I don't think it is Whale Blue. I've seen those up close and to me this seems to be a lot deeper of a blue.

I'll try to reproduce what the case sticker says below. Must be a new style of modcat.

35M4FAHTEP3_5-5A
__________/AE______/H

Page 11 of the pinned MODCAT decoder pulled this...

Model: 35th Anniversary Custom 24
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 24
Top Spec: Figured
Top Grade: Artist
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern Thin (Wide Thin)
Fingerboard Wood: Gaboon Ebony
Inlay: Paua Birds
Bridge: Gen III Tremolo
Color: Couldn't find Color for
Hardware: Couldn't find Hardware for _
Treble Pickup: Couldn't find Treble Pickup for _
Middle Pickup: Couldn't find Middle Pickup for 5
Bass Pickup: 85/15 or 250
Electronics: Selector and Two Mini Toggle Coil-Tap Switches

Very nice!
Which version of blue is that called? Whale Blue?

I don't think it is Whale Blue. I've seen those up close and to me this seems to be a lot deeper of a blue.

I'll try to reproduce what the case sticker says below. Must be a new style of modcat.

35M4FAHTEP3_5-5A
__________/AE______/H
I believe you're looking at Aquamarine; or, at least that's what it appears according to what's here:

I believe you're looking at Aquamarine; or, at least that's what it appears according to what's here:

Nailed it. Aquamarine it is then.

Now for the tuning knobs. They are a matte finish white (which I think looks really good) but I don't know what those are made of. I'll have to ask the dealer on Monday about all the questions we can't figure out this weekend.

Complete surprise. When I woke up this morning I had no idea I would wind up buying another guitar today. But as it just so happened, an unexpected opportunity presented itself, and so, as the saying goes... "Sieze the day!"

As the PRS 35th Anniversary was in 2020, and this guitar says 2011 on the back of hte headstock, I therefore assume that they were still filling orders for 2020 in 2021 when this guitar was finally made. (For reference, my 30th Anniversary guitar was actually made in late 2014.)

PRS_2021-CU_24-08_35thANNIV.jpg

You know the deal... The photo doesn't do it justice.
In reality, pick the best looking part of the body from this cell phone photo... the whole body, when it is in front of you, actually looks that good.
That's a beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Back