NGD: PRS Brent Mason

Thanks.

Details are all in the youtube clip info on the amp/settings etc - amp is a Line 6 Flextone III that I use for practice in the house.

I think if people could see/play them, they'd sell. I also bought mine sight unseen as there are only a handful in the UK, and this was the only white/all maple neck. Would have preferred whitewash but none anywhere.

Brian.

I have one of these on the radar, I've been looking for a strat for a while, and I have been looking at the 408 for a while. Not sure if i can afford or justify two guitars in the near future so I will probably go for one of these with a rosewood board. Awesome video by the way.

Thanks. It actually does strat very well. There's a small, subtle difference between the "in between" positions 2 and 4 on the switch with humbucker vs single coil mode selected, but with a good pair of ears, you can hear the response difference.

Last edited:
That's an amazing demo and HNGD !!!

Noticed you put in some schallers too ! I am still too scared to put it in my PRSi's fear of ruining the wood....

Thanks.

And hahahahaha to the ruining the wood with the Shallers - use the felt pads, the PRS screws and no issues, To be fair, all my guitars are gigging guitars, even my most expensive and, as such, they need to stay bang on in tune, play well and never fall off their strap - Schallers are the neatest and tidiest I have found and last too.

It is a lovely guitar. The only other demo's I have of my PRSi are of my Custom 24.

Here's one:

It's now got a 3 way and push-pull tone pot, which I FAR prefer for gigging everyday use, although my '88 Scarlet Red CU24 has the 5 way in it. Used the 5 way in the yellow one for about 15 years before I changed it though, so quite used to using it.

Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a 1 take demo of a rehearsal band I meet up with every few months to blow off the cobwebs. Again an indication of how flexible the Brent Mason is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding job on the DT medley!!!
I have an NF3.
The only problem for me is where they put the pickup selector.
Really hard for me to use in fast switching situations.

Last edited:
Yeah it can be a bit awkward, although it's the term arm that actually gets in the way. I think after a while my "visual memory" will get used to me going to exactly the right place. I suppose it would be possible to get a new plate moved and swap around the blade switch with the coil tap switches....

Another option of course is to remove the coil tap switches and move the 5 way over, and use push/pull pots instead...

Back