NGD: PRS Brent Mason

musicianandteacher

Finally, after scrimping, selling and gigging to pay for it, I have bought myself another PRS (number 4 currently).

This one is a Vintage White, all maple necked Brent Mason.

It is, simply, amazing. Great neck, acoustically very good and a brilliant range of sounds. It's great at single coil and great at humbucker - it can simply do it all!

Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding!! :top:

...might have to check one of those out myself... :)

Well worth doing! I am surprised the place is not full of these BUT as they don't have the typical PRS maple top etc, people probably treat it as an expensive Mira etc...

Well worth doing! I am surprised the place is not full of these BUT as they don't have the typical PRS maple top etc, people probably treat it as an expensive Mira etc...

....when it can actually be seen as an inexpensive 408, etc.

Nicely done and congrats!

I wasn't initially a fan of the BM model(maybe I don't like pick guards :dontknow:); the more I see and hear them the more the GAS gets fueled :rock:

Indeed - the look I quite like, but I also love my "traditional" looking PRSi - some people seems to hate all of them!

The pick guard is well shaped and designed for the guitar shape and it's actually hard to imagine it being a different way...

Sweet. I don't understand why we don't see more of these and hear more about them. Fantastic guitar which so far has been a bit of a sleeper. I don't understand why PRS doesn't have a demo with Brent Mason on their website.

Would love to see a wider selection of colors on these too.

Maybe they'll get more attention once the stock of NF3s, DCs and 305s have been cleared out.

Fantastic!!! Same color/neck combo I went for. These are super versatile guitars, mine has quickly become my # 1 "player". Enjoy!

Sweet. I don't understand why we don't see more of these and hear more about them. Fantastic guitar which so far has been a bit of a sleeper. I don't understand why PRS doesn't have a demo with Brent Mason on their website.

Would love to see a wider selection of colors on these too.

Maybe they'll get more attention once the stock of NF3s, DCs and 305s have been cleared out.

It truly is an absolute sleeper. There will be so few of these in the U.K.

Maybe they'll bring out an SE version and that will boost the interest...I'd imagine that a maple capped version is a possibility, but maybe maple/korina is not a good combination...

Fantastic!!! Same color/neck combo I went for. These are super versatile guitars, mine has quickly become my # 1 "player". Enjoy!

I get that sense about this guitar for me too - I need versatile, easy to gig with and great sounding.

It has some serious competition though for #1...

I've got one of those. Whitewash with rosewood fingerboard. Great guitar, but you hardly ever see them. I bought mine sight-unseen, which I usually don't do, but I had tried a DC3 so I didn't feel like I was taking too big a chance. I think they'd sell a few more of them if they'd get them into stores--I still haven't seen one in stock anywhere, except for the one I bought. Maybe not the fanciest guitar PRS has ever made, but for the way I play it's great.
That clip is very cool--what were you playing through?

Back