NGD: PRS 513 Artist Package Orange Fade - SO MUCH MAPLE!!!

HighGain510

Just one more...
Well I've had a few of the PRS 513 models before, the mahogany-necked ones sound pretty good, the rosewood-necked one I had PLAYED amazing but the tones were a bit too dark (especially on the heavy humbucker setting) so when I saw this pop up used, I HAD to jump on it as there really aren't a ton of 513 models floating around with maple necks and I figured that would likely fix what I was missing on my prior 513's! Seems my guess was correct! You can get some seriously stratty and tele-ish tones out of this beauty in the different combinations on the "single coil" setting which is pretty fantastic as I don't have a strat or a tele so that's a welcome tonal addition for sure! I'll try to get some of my typical deck shots up this weekend, still taking it easy since the hernia surgery is 1-2 weeks out and they told me not to lift anything heavy so I'm doing my best to follow the doctor's orders! For now, enjoy the dealer's sweet pics and more pics are coming soon!

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_2_zps206a0bfd.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_4_zps3137bcfa.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_3_zpse58e1a67.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_6_zpsc5b99fdf.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_10_zpsf79223ae.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_9_zps4f9036b1.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_8_zpsf5a83b6b.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_11_zpsf362b06c.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_7_zpsd7de375f.jpg

PRS_513_Artist_Package_Orange_Fade_1_zps6eef4032.jpg

We'll see if this one can survive the rampant GAS attacks (had a couple items on my radar, I think one of them sold already and the other is something that will likely be around for a while so I'm not too worried about grabbing it immediately haha), but so far I'm really happy with it since it offers a lot of tones I can't really get on anything else in the arsenal currently!

Buster Poindexter HOT HOT HOT...love the fade and the neck! Excellent score! Congrats...

Thanks gents! I agree, the fade on this one just has a gorgeous transition, there is just enough of each color there to really make it pop! :D The tones are just as awesome as the looks too, really digging how she sounds! The other 513's I've had all sounded good, but this one is exceptional! Thinking the maple/maple combo has to be a huge factor there, the only thing I could think that could make this one even more perfect would be if it had a swamp ash body too, it would be the ultimate hybrid SAS/513 model! ;) A bolt-on neck would probably add even more snap to the attack but the set neck just works on this one!

Back