NGD : PRS 408MT with Brazilian RW neck and fretboard

Suppalak Klabdee

PRSi in Black Gold with binding for life
Hi there,

It is always my dream to own a PRS guitar, since I first know about their existence a few years back.

It is then always another thought of, if PRS, why only 1, when there are both quilt and flame maple top that always catch my eyes?

So when the time is right, I got my first PRS, the magnificent Paul's Guitar as I already posted here 3 weeks ago. Actually what happened was that, within hrs of Paul's guitar purchase, I did found another guitar on eBay that really got my heart pounding, again!

It was a 408MT, in beautiful Black Gold burst. Moreover, this one came with solid Brazilian rosewood neck & fretboard! I heard all about the "hype" regarding this wood, which stuck inside my brain like a little red evil that kept telling me "you have to own one, you have to..."

So here they are, sitting in my office. These should fulfill my GAS regarding PRS...

But... the PS friday thread has started another little red evil, may be a little bigger than the last one......

And for the mandatory pics, sorry that I do not have time for the "proper" set up shots but these will do for now. Look at that Tiger like top!

9206611103_b9faf3cc07_h.jpg

My Tone heaven corner

9209389374_5fa1eda45f_h.jpg

Both are beautiful! :rock:

But you're kidding yourself if you think the GAS ever completely ends. :laugh:

Stunning! Congrats on two beauties. What do you think about the Brazilian neck?

Stunning! Congrats on two beauties. What do you think about the Brazilian neck?

The brazzy neck are amazing! I have never have such feeling. The touch is completely different from what I have ever played (Mahogany, Maple etc.) It felt great every time I pick it up.

Sound wise, it kinds of being in the dark and warm side, especially when compare with Paul's Guitar's mahogany neck, in a good way!

And for some reason, I felt like this 408 profile neck is somewhat a little thinner than the Paul's Guitar profile neck. Is this what diffentiate "Profile thin" from normal "Profile"?

Both are stunners!
Since both are very similar except for hardtail/tremolo, which do you play more?

I just have this 408 for 3 days so only time will tell :laugh:

But I could foresee that the 408 will become my main guitar simply because of the bridge pickup (it handles Metal better the Paul's Guitar). Although they are very similar in the setup but sound wise in general are quite different, with Paul's guitar is a little bit superior. I guess that was from its unique brass-inserted bridge.

Back