NGD: PRS 30th Anniversary Custom 24 - Faded Vintage Yellow

Michael_DK

So here it is!

It's been delivered, received, acclimatized, setup and played... And BOY does it sound good! And boy, is that bridge pup HOT...

Just to prove it's not an Epiphone:

IMG_6549_zpsdnmvksii.jpg

IMG_6550_zpsxnrhvmab.jpg

IMG_6556

IMG_6562

Last edited:
great looking guitar! I considered that color when I bought my 30th CU24... Great choice!

Thanks!

It is SO nice. I have a Brent Mason, but I wanted the quintessential PRS; and to me, this is it (speaking from relatively limited experience here, but nonetheless).

I really dig the Pattern neck on my BM, but this Pattern Regular is actually even better in my hand - did not expect that.

SOOO smooth playing.

Love this. I was so tempted by this exact model/colour, but I'm not a massive 24 fret guy and I may actually feel bad taking a router to it ;)

Also, see? I can keeps a secret! :p

It's gorgeous, and this 30th with the 85/15s is one of my favorite PRS models of all time. The decor's pretty nice on top of everything else.

Love this. I was so tempted by this exact model/colour, but I'm not a massive 24 fret guy and I may actually feel bad taking a router to it ;)

Funny thing, I wasn't sure if I'd be a 24 fret guy when I got my 30th CU24, since I hadn't had one since the early 90s. Was I ever mistaken! I love it!

It's a wonderful guitar in every way.

If you got one, you probably wouldn't need a router. They're that good.

IMO you're right Michael, this is the quintessential PRS, it's the iconic model/colour that put them on the map as a guitar company.

Pattern/wide thin is my least fav neck shape too, and the availability of regular on these guitars near pushed me over the edge. I do need to save my pennies though if I'm to ever order a PS... So schhh Les! :)

As said, a classic / iconic PRS in the quintessential color. A most excellent addition!

Congrats, and welcome to Club CU24! Love the neck purfling.

Congrats, and welcome to Club CU24! Love the neck purfling.

There's a club?

There's a freaking club? You buy a guitar and you're in a club, and that's all there is you have to do to join this club? What if the other club members don't like you? Can a member be blackballed?

What if you sell the guitar, are you then out of the club? Are there dues? And who runs the club? When you go there, do you get handed drinks and cigars, or what? Do hookers show up for all the club members or is that only if you have a BRW fingerboard or something really special?

Is there a T-shirt, a hat, a golf bag, a blazer embroidered with the club logo, or is it just a club in name only? Is there a golf course? A sauna? A bar? Where is this club located? I want to see the rules of the club right now. Because no one ever sent me my embroidered blazer, nor did I get in one single round of golf at this club.

If there's a club for CU24s, there sure must be a lot of folks in it, and if you get in automatically I joined in 1991, so Alan, you're a noob.

Last edited:
There's a club?

There's a freaking club? You buy a guitar and you're in a club, and that's all there is you have to do to join this club? What if the other club members don't like you? Can a member be blackballed?

Yes. But we usually recommend a stronger soap, like Lava, and some vigorous scrubbing. We're big on hygiene. Although we're fond of Sober Gene as well. Even though he has an attitude - probably because he keeps his AA chips on his shoulder.

What if you sell the guitar, are you then out of the club?

Yep. No guitar, no club. Although using the guitar as a club is frowned upon.

Are there dues?

Abso-fricking-lutely. Chicks, too - we're don't discriminate!

And who runs the club?

No one. We're quite sedentary. But aspiring to be eightentary. And if you've been in the club long enough, you're considered veterinary.

When you go there, do you get handed drinks and cigars, or what?

No one goes there anymore. The bathrooms have been shut down for years.

If there's a club for CU24s, there sure must be a lot of folks in it, and if you get in automatically I joined in 1991, so Alan, you're a noob.

Oh, you're absolutely in, no question. Ask anyone, and they'll say, "Les? What a member!!!"

I've added a couple of daylight photos to the original post - better quality :)

Also: When do I get the membership card for this club?

Hmmm... Is it a MasterCard??

Yes. But we usually recommend a stronger soap, like Lava, and some vigorous scrubbing."

I was doing some vigorous scrubbing in the shower last week when the wife walked in and gave me that disapproving look. I replied, "What?! It's mine, I can wash it as fast as I like!"

Back