NGD! (PRS 20th Anniversary content!)

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
okay, not the Private Stock 20th hotness that everyone's been so excited about lately, but something that got my motor running... (apologies in advance for the decidedly amateur photography)

JofodIO.jpg

My new 2005 PRS 20th Anniversary Standard 24 satin in Vintage Orange!

Found this on Kijiji in a town a couple hours drive away... emailed the seller and arranged to pick it up...

f6FFyQP.jpg

There's one tiny little miniscule practically invisible ding in the top edge above the HFS, and otherwise the guitar is essentially mint. The frets are untouched, there are no wear points in the satin finish, the hardware is clean and generally untarnished. It even came with all the docs and case candy :) except the hangtag (rats :( )...

rKzQ7yl.jpg

The satin finished neck feels fantastic! and I've always, always wanted a guitar with 20th Anniversary birds on it; they're just beautiful... And the one piece carved mahogany body looks so nice the way it's curves catche the light; lovely lovely wood...

Here's a pic of it with my Custom 25th:

35C3QA2.jpg

I spent a couple hours cleaning it, restringing it and setting it up and it plays so well... I was a little worried because the original owner had a set of (very old) .011s on it with all five trem springs in and the bridge pulled back against the body (he said he never used the trem, and I believe him), but once I restrung it with my prefered XL120+ guage (.0095-.044) stretched out the strings and set up the trem to float, I found the tuning is rock solid with some pretty aggressive trem use so I'm right chuffed... It's been a good many years since I've had a VB/HFS equipped guitar in the house, and I'll admit I've said that I didn't get along with these pickups; I don't know if it's because my gear and ear have evolved, or if it's just how they sound in this guitar, but though they're undoubtedly hotter than I generally prefer, I really do like the sound of this axe for straight ahead rocking grind and solo tones. At 8 lbs exactly on our postal scale it's at least half a pound heavier than any other PRS in my stable, but still very comfortable...

And how much, you ask, for this beautiful bit of understated PRS history? a princely sum no doubt...?
$975 USD

Congrats. I love Anniversaries. Like someone else said...best get a 30th to bridge the decades!

Great looking pair you have there - congrats on the new score. And a great deal as well!

My love for the HFS/VB combo waxes and wanes. Just when I think they are too hot and compressed, I noodle around with them and then really dig them again.

Back