NGD: Private stock Special 22 Tiger Wood Top

Revad

Hey there !

I was looking for a nice special 22 and i had a crush on that one
Tiger wood top
Tasmanian blackwood fingerboard, veneer and neck
Figured mahogany body

Sounds as good as it looks ! Exquisite !

pmO3Qdxpj

pdTKCC.jpg

pm9Kb7qoj

pn0MnquBj

pngNY7t9j

poHKYLHQj

Last edited:
That is one sweet guitar. Looks fantastic, and I really love that top. Your specs. or a dealers? Either way, it's gorgeous.

Dealer specs with, i guess a little push from the private stock crew

In fact, i was looking for a new PRS to feed my GAS and i tried a wood library special 22 in april. I liked it a lot. But i also had the idea of ordering a private stock. So i return it to the seller having in mind to order my « own » private stock special 22.
That guitar was already in preorder with only the specs, no picture of the top … i had never seen a « tiger wood » top so i did not know what to expect, and i was expecting nothing to be honest … so i was « working » on what i wanted to order and i finally had a good idea of what it should be when i saw « available » on the website … without pictures ! So i asked for pictures … and i was very surprise !
The first thing i saw was the fretboard because i was expecting the tasmanian blackwood to be black ! (I already have a custom 24 artist with an african blackwood fretboard). So i was surprised it wasnt black and even more it was flamed ! I thought even more it was going to be black than the inlays were supposed to be spalted mapple according to the specs on the website. Maybe the PS crew changed it for esthetical purpose … and it s a big win ! The ebony inlays with abalone and the ebony bindings surrounding this fretboard is just exquisite and fit the top perfectly. it highlights the top and complete it. (So i dont know if thats a mistake on the website in the preorder sheet or if PRS change but its clearly a game changer)

I thought i had to give it a try … to see how it sounds, and i am not disappointed at all !
So i will let go my PS order idea … for now !

“But i also had the idea of ordering a private stock. So i return it to the seller having in mind to order my « own » private stock special 22.“

Hope the seller was cool with that.

“But i also had the idea of ordering a private stock. So i return it to the seller having in mind to order my « own » private stock special 22.“

Hope the seller was cool with that.

No problem.
Thats part of the deal when you sell on internet. I guess i was more than correct as i keep it only 2 days (they have a 30 days return policy). The guitar was already sold one week after.
But , i am also a long time costumer, i bought all my home studio stuffs there, i bought a fender custom shop from them also in may (which an electronic defect and had to go back to usa and came back in june), and this private stock finally comes from them too.
So i guess there are no hard feelings from them !

Usually the seller are pretty cool with the return policy when you explain yourself (even if you did not have too), especially on guitar as expensive as this ones.
I had a bad experience with a custom 24 private stock. It was gorgeous, an incredible unsual mapple top in dragon breath with a BOF inlays and ash body and neck. I already had a custom 24 and i already had a private stock ( 594 and MEV) and i could tell just by playing that one unplugged that something was wrong (at least for me). Plug it and didnt change a thing. The seller (from who i am used to buy too) was cool with it and i return it the day after.
That makes me realise how much wood could be important for tone. That also makes me realise how difficult and risky it could be to order your « own » private stock. I got lucky i guess with my 594. I am honestly happy to have found my special 22 without taking that risk.

Hey there !

I was looking for a nice special 22 and that i had a crush on that one
Tiger wood top
Tasmanian blackwood fingerboard, veneer and neck
Figured mahogany body

Sounds as good as it looks ! Exquisite !

pmO3Qdxpj

pdTKCC.jpg

pm9Kb7qoj

pn0MnquBj

pngNY7t9j

poHKYLHQj

Dear god! Beautiful!

Back