NGD: Private Stock Semi-Hollow DC 594 Triple Soapbar!

So, Pete, what is the fret board wood? I assumed it was maple, but I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

That guitar is a masterpiece. Now that I have a P-90 594, I almost wish I’d have gotten it first. It’s just such a uniquely balanced instrument. And anyone who was a teenager in 1976 has a built in love of three pickup guitars. Sweet!

I have my own personal PSF going on today! ;)

Another mad creation from Jesse and team at Ish Guitars, a Private Stock Semi-Hollow Doublecut 594 with Triple Soapbar pickups:

75PhdSp.jpg

nzS3CAU.jpg

3Jsc3aY.jpg

6tBZmU3.jpg

aLon3sf.jpg

XrI9eXh.jpg

AyNLvK4.jpg

ICOXEuP.jpg

I have had some epic NGDs over the years, but this guitar really blows me away. This is what the Private Stock program is all about!

I love the 594s. I love the 594 Soapbars. I love the McCarty Glow finish. This is an amazing combination of those three things, and then some!

The Semi-Hollow construction of the guitar goes incredibly well with the P-90 pickups, it is mind-blowing re tone in that regard. That to me is the core value proposition of this guitar. The three pickup thing is cool, but honestly if this thing just had 2 P-90's it would still be off the charts amazing sounding. The bridge and neck tones are to die for, I think it is the magical combination of the SH construction and the P-90's. It will take some more time to explore the multitude of tones available from the three pickup setup. It definitely has some Strat position 2/4 quack with the Middle and Bridge or Neck.

I plugged this into my Metropoulos DVL-1 Amp in '65 mode (very classic low gain Plexi tones at the edge of breakup), and the blues tones were so good that it literally brought tears to my eyes.

Visually, this is a real stunner, even better in real life than in the pics. It actually has more of a vintage vibe in real life that it comes off in pictures, with all of the vintage finish tones of the top, back/neck and board.

Hats off to Jesse and team for this spec - I never would have dreamed of doing a Mahogany back and neck with a quilted Maple board. And who would think of turquoise inlays on a McCarty Glow finished guitar? But everything just works so great together visually, amazing!

(Someone needs to do a 2020 Wood Library Run of 594s in Semi-Hollow with P-90's! That would be awesome. DCs and SCs please. ;))
Supreme. And I want to thank you for keeping our economy going!

Thanks, everyone!

So, Pete, what is the fret board wood? I assumed it was maple, but I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Yes, Quilted Maple Board, stained with a McCarty Glow Fade to match the top. It is darker at the body and fades going up the neck.

Koa Binding. It even has a really thin line of Black purfling at the edge of the Board where it meets the binding.

Up close, it is really a work of art! :)

Gorgeous guitar Pete!
Curious how the controls are setup....three volumes and a tone w three way toggle for N/B pickups?

(Edit: never mind, I missed post #7, love the idea of being able to blend in the middle PU)

Wow, Pete! That is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. The wood choices and your wiring choice is perfect. I love me some P-90s, the more the merrier! Congrats.

Congrats to you, if I had the 7-10k for a private stock ... I'd be with tears of joy also! Enjoy those the tone.

I saw that one when I was there a few weeks back. It was the only soapbar 594 he had in. I have been looking to get a 594 soapbar but that ones a bit out of my budget. I’m not really interested in a semi hollow either as I already fight feedback problems when playing live. Someday I will find a 594 with p90’s, but the 509 is almost paid for.

I have my own personal PSF going on today! ;)

Another mad creation from Jesse and team at Ish Guitars, a Private Stock Semi-Hollow Doublecut 594 with Triple Soapbar pickups:

75PhdSp.jpg

nzS3CAU.jpg

3Jsc3aY.jpg

6tBZmU3.jpg

aLon3sf.jpg

XrI9eXh.jpg

AyNLvK4.jpg

ICOXEuP.jpg

I have had some epic NGDs over the years, but this guitar really blows me away. This is what the Private Stock program is all about!

I love the 594s. I love the 594 Soapbars. I love the McCarty Glow finish. This is an amazing combination of those three things, and then some!

The Semi-Hollow construction of the guitar goes incredibly well with the P-90 pickups, it is mind-blowing re tone in that regard. That to me is the core value proposition of this guitar. The three pickup thing is cool, but honestly if this thing just had 2 P-90's it would still be off the charts amazing sounding. The bridge and neck tones are to die for, I think it is the magical combination of the SH construction and the P-90's. It will take some more time to explore the multitude of tones available from the three pickup setup. It definitely has some Strat position 2/4 quack with the Middle and Bridge or Neck.

I plugged this into my Metropoulos DVL-1 Amp in '65 mode (very classic low gain Plexi tones at the edge of breakup), and the blues tones were so good that it literally brought tears to my eyes.

Visually, this is a real stunner, even better in real life than in the pics. It actually has more of a vintage vibe in real life that it comes off in pictures, with all of the vintage finish tones of the top, back/neck and board.

Hats off to Jesse and team for this spec - I never would have dreamed of doing a Mahogany back and neck with a quilted Maple board. And who would think of turquoise inlays on a McCarty Glow finished guitar? But everything just works so great together visually, amazing!

(Someone needs to do a 2020 Wood Library Run of 594s in Semi-Hollow with P-90's! That would be awesome. DCs and SCs please. ;))
Wow simply amazing over the top guitar, congrats

VERY NICE!!!

Is this why we might have seen some used PSi at Ish Recently? I saw them both and immediately thought of you...

Same here... a particular aged 594 PS looked familiar.

Say it isn’t so!

Yes, those two were mine. Awesome guitars!

This one with the Soapbars has been calling my name, and I felt it more prudent with today's uncertainty in the world to trade for it, instead of buying yet another expensive Private Stock guitar.

It is all about what I have learned since my return from hiatus, and optimizing my collection for my preferences.

I have learned that:
  • My "number one" is the SC 594 Solidbody, particularly the 2020 with the Nitro Finish, new vintage tuners and new 5815 LT+ TCI pickups. That is nirvana for me! I have 3 now, including the 2020 Prototype, plus the 2016 Prototype
  • For DCs, I didn't want to tie up any investment in the standard configuration Solidbody DC Private Stocks, I want to use any investment in Private Stocks to be some sort of wild variation that you can't get from a Core guitar, like the BRW-Necked one with the Block Inlays, the full Hollowbody and this new one, all three of which are AMAZING! I have one great 2020 DC 594, and these 2020s are so good that I would just rather get another 2020 DC 594 Solidbody if I feel the desire for one. Likely that would be driven by one that pops up that blows me away with top and finish. ;) Whoever snags that Aged DC will likely be very happy - it was the best sounding DC 594 soldibody I had owned so far.
  • That SC 594 SH I traded away is really amazing too! But I already have the full Hollowbody DC 594 (which is off the charts amazing), and now this DC in Semi-Hollow with the unique configuration of the Soapbars, so I was willing to trade that away as well, I didn't think it really got me anything incrementally within the collection. That is a really exquisite instrument, tones are fantastic, and the Private Stock appointments are stellar with the One Piece Quilt Top and the cool inlays!
(Good deals on those two from the Ish Team, for 2 guitars I purchased new from dealers in the past 90 days, and only played very lightly.)

I did also trade away my Core DC 594 Soapbar this week, towards something else that I have not disclosed yet. :)

Beyond that, I think I am pretty set for now, going to hunker down for a while and just enjoy the heck out of what I have pulled together over the last 3 months, which I am very happy with! ;)

As always Pete...thanks for the letting us walk along side you as you go through your journey.

I can totally understand where you are coming from on this latest chapter, as I've gotten to the same general position: 2 Private Stocks that have features / combinations that I just can't get out of core offerings (including WL) and then my recent 594 Swamp Ash / Maple WL guitar which I was lucky enough to get a hold of. I also sold off a couple of guitars in the past year to build credit towards something else to round out my own personal options.

Interested to see what you might have incoming next...

Back